Forum home Babies Baby

Gatecrashing from pregnancy (hope you dont mind)

hey ladies i was just looking for some opinions/advice really.

Im 27+3 and have started to make a start on buying nappies/toiletries etc.

After having a conversation with my mum she suggested to buy ASDA's Little angels Nappies to save money as she says there wont really be any difference between them and the brand names.

Just wondering if any of you ladies use them and would you recommend them? Bought one pack already and have to say loads cheaper! lol

Thanks in advance! image

Katie XxX

Replies

• I've been using them lately. I like them a lot - They are thicker than Pampers but not by much, and they are lovely and soft. I have only 1 complaint which is they don't last very well through the night BUT my lo is a very heavy wetter and literally NOTHING works for us overnight (he wakes up soaked most mornings with any brand) so they probably work for most babies. I use the Asda's own fragrance free wipes as well which are very good and so cheap - 6 packs for ??5!!! xxxx
  • I've been using them lately. I like them a lot - They are thicker than Pampers but not by much, and they are lovely and soft. I have only 1 complaint which is they don't last very well through the night BUT my lo is a very heavy wetter and literally NOTHING works for us overnight (he wakes up soaked most mornings with any brand) so they probably work for most babies. I use the Asda's own fragrance free wipes as well which are very good and so cheap - 6 packs for ??5!!! xxxx
  • I like them, although have now swapped to reusables during the day. They keep Lily dry at night and fit her well, I have tried all brands and some have a better fit on Lily. They remind me of the sainsbury's ones which I like too. x
  • Thanks ladies! I guess sometimes we end up paying for the name of things. But every child is different too. image

thanks for your replies image x
  • I've never tried them but Morrisons nappys I find really good and they're really cheap. I always use pampers but thought I'd try morrisons and have to say I think I'll stick with them. They are very good.

• When lo was newborn there were so many offers on newborn nappies! I had 2 packs of pampers to get my boots changing bag, vouchers from toys r us and pampers vouchers in the bounty pack so he wore either huggies or pampers till he was a standard size 3. I've tried others but always come back to huggies super dry as lo makes such a mess, putting it politely, that I'd rather pay for the quality ones that absorb better. These are also the only ones that don't give him a rash.

Basically, don't spend all your money now as when it comes to nappies what's right for one baby may not be right for another and it's better to test them out first.
  • the only nappies we got on with when JJ was newborn was pampers and asda, we were given loads of different ones by my cousin who had also tried every nappy and not got on with many...however, once he was in size 3 the only success we had was with pampers...now however he's in size 5, pampers are no good and sainsburys are FAB during the day and the only nappy to keep him dry at night is huggies! it's totally trial and error with them and i suggest getting a few brands to try x
  • I use Asda nappies as they're so cheap! I used the Little Angels when Riley was size 2 and they were great. Now he's in size 3 I think I'm using the Asda Baby Dry (or something along them lines) and they're just like the Pampers Baby Dry ones. x
  • I've used the tesco own brand and find them quite good. i use boots own brand and find they're the best, pampers smell funny huggies are alrite but still not as food as boots. Also u get ur points as well!

I agree with Jemmajem don't buy loads now tho as different babies def suit diff brands
    xxx
  • i used pampers new baby to start and they were fine but once in a size 3 I moved to huggies as they were on offer but have to say i'm not keen. They are the 12 hour super dry and I find she leaks in them at night and they always feel damp in the day after she has had a wee. I think the tesco own brand ones are fab and currently use them for night but once my huggies supply is used up i'll be switching to these in the day too. I havent used the boots ones but my sister did and she reckons their great.

Dont buy too many now though, just get enough to last the first few days/week as you never know what will suit your lo, give him/her nappy rash etc. You can always send someone out for more once you've figured it out.
  • I have to say I bought loads during pregnancy, enough up to size 3! of both pampers and huggies whenever shopping or on offer, whilst I still had full pay, regardless of counter advice and was very lucky that neither brand seemed to cause any problems for my DS so don;t think early prep is all bad! Does feel strange shopping with new baby and not buying nappies for months though! hehe

Just don't buy too many small sizes in case baby grows quick like my son! (I just passed packs of size 2 onto pregnant friends as their baby gift! ).
  • I only used Pampers newborn when Lily was tiny but then at the time we had a little more money to spare!lol But we use a mixture of ASDA and Tesco nappies now and they are both great absolutely nothing wrong with them. I will be looking at the newborn supermarket nappies for when number 2 comes along.xxx