Forum home Babies Baby

Jack STILL waking for milk 10 months old!

I really need your help ladies!! Jack is STILL waking for milk at 11pm every night.

We've tried the dummy in trick, and cutting milk down to 2oz, also tried giving weak juice. He has plenty to eat for his tea and eats like a total horse so I don't know what to do.

I think it is more waking as its routine than actual hunger/thirst.

Anyone else had a tricky monkey before?

Thanks xxx

Replies

• Have you tried to not give him any milk/fluids at all and see if he goes back to sleep?

As you say it's more routine than actual hunger if you feed him he will continue to wake.

How much milk does he have before bedtime? Could you increase that if he would take it?
  • I had real problems with lucas too. What time is he having his last meal?
    When I was first getting him to sleep through, it worked fine just giving him water. But then he started waking up a few months later wanting the water lol
    I stopped giving him anything if he woke up and just gave him lots of cuddles until he would go back to sleep. After about a week he was just waking up for the cuddle so I could wean him off of that, by starting with just rubbing his tummy etc and after a few days he stopped waking up in the night

Dont know if this will help but hope it does lol xxx
  • CCB - Yeah we put his dummy in but he doesn't settle again with out some sort of fluid, and I hate hearing him upset!!

He has 6oz at 8am, 6oz at 1pm, and 6oz as he goes to bed at 7pm. We struggle to get him to drink what he is drinking already.

Lucas's Mummy - We eat tea for 5-530pm and it's always a cooked meal.

I'll try the rubbing of his tummy tonight and see what happens!!

Will let you know in a week!

Thanks girls.

xx
  • Yes!!!! Ashton was still waking at 1 for a milk feed during the night and I spoke to my hv about it and she said either try what you had ie cutting back on milk, offering water and see how it goes or just completly stop the feeds and be prepared for a few bad nights.

On the first night though we made his bottle as normal but used some of it to make him some readdie brek which we fed him with first then offered him the rest of the bottle as a drink. He slept through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To be honest he has slept through everynight now for 7 weeks and has gradually stopped having the readdie brek and now only sometimes takes a couple of ozs of milk and still sleeps through. May be worth a try. xxx
  • Yes!!!! Ashton was still waking at 1 for a milk feed during the night and I spoke to my hv about it and she said either try what you had ie cutting back on milk, offering water and see how it goes or just completly stop the feeds and be prepared for a few bad nights.

On the first night though we made his bottle as normal but used some of it to make him some readdie brek which we fed him with first then offered him the rest of the bottle as a drink. He slept through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To be honest he has slept through everynight now for 7 weeks and has gradually stopped having the readdie brek and now only sometimes takes a couple of ozs of milk and still sleeps through. May be worth a try. xxx