Forum home Babies Baby

Baby boy christening outfit?

Hi image

We're getting our little one christened on the 20th September and I'm struggling to find anything I like (that isn't ??70!) to dress him in, that isn't too girly.

Any advice on where to look would be great image xx

Replies

• oooh hard! i have not seen anything for less than ??65 and that was quite girly. maybe just a suit, rather than white or ivory, as you will be having a white shawl anyway.
  • Hey
    This site has a few Christening outfits for boys or if you didn't want to go traditional you could order him a cute little suit?My cousin did this for her boys christening not too long ago and she has just order two more suits off there for my brothers wedding next Saturday as she couldn't get the ones she wanted from mothercare.

I have ordered from here (my daughters flowergirl dress for next weekend) they are very quick and the quality is lovely...and most importantly cheap!

http://childrenswear.co.uk/show_cataloguex.asp?mod=c&cat=91

HTH xxx
  • My little man is being christened next week and we have bought a cute linen sailor suit from Emile et Rose. It would normally cost ??35 but we got a brand new one that someone had bought as a back up outfit from ebay for ??17! It arrived a few days ago and he looks loveky in it...very classic. It comes with a hat but that is massive so will not get worn.

check out:

http://www.littlewhispers.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=1085&osCsid=bc442844de1e50294c0c12a13719cbd3
  • Have you checked ebay. I got my dd dress off there and there is a lot of choice for both sexes. She gets christened tomorrow and I bought it in about 4 months ago!
  • Hi i got my little one christened last month i had the same problem but in the end i found something that made him look really nice and boyish it was traditional but plain but really nice i got the outfit a bib shoes socks and a lovely blanket for the day all for ??70 from a shop in llandudno its called lilly and co i can show u on facebook what it looks like xxx
  • we had the same problem...we bought a white shirt from Ethel Austins (was about ??2 in the sale i think) and some white pants from Adams (which i think were ??5 for 2)...the cheapest outfit ever i think lol! the most expensive thing was a white cardi from Ethels again and that was ??10 i think but my mum bought it lol x
  • Again we bought ours from Ebay - a Sarah Louise one for about ??20 instead of ??65, brand new. However, it may go back onto ebay as we were planning on having his Christening earlier so it is a romper but may be too cold for him now or possibly even too small. My mum has my old Christening gown that my brothers also wore that was previously her wedding dress, so I may use that instead.

• Again we bought ours from Ebay - a Sarah Louise one for about ??20 instead of ??65, brand new. However, it may go back onto ebay as we were planning on having his Christening earlier so it is a romper but may be too cold for him now or possibly even too small. My mum has my old Christening gown that my brothers also wore that was previously her wedding dress, so I may use that instead.

• Check out http://www.babyrack.co.uk/, some good bargains, especially the Pretty Originals stuff which has all been reduced