Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding

nursing pillows

hi girls, just wondering what are the best nursing pillows around at the moment, have just been browsing through the internet and am really quite stuck in relation what to buy. i quite like a cosatto one, any ideas. thanks

Replies

• I don't see a difference in a nursing pillow and a normal V-pillow. I bought a cheap V-pillow from Argos and drape it with a towel. (my lo was a very messy eater) It did what it had to do with no problems and was very comfy. Could not justify spending about 30 pounds on something I could get for 6.
  • I just got a boots inflatable one- ??10. It seems quite good and holds LO higher up than a normal V pillow as it's firmer, also handy for travel as can obv. deflate it!x
  • I just got a boots inflatable one- ??10. It seems quite good and holds LO higher up than a normal V pillow as it's firmer, also handy for travel as can obv. deflate it!x

I bought that one as well, but it did not work for me. Lo has to be lower with me so just packed the inflatable away for the moment.
  • I had this one from Mothercare:
    http://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Multi-purpose-support-pillow/dp/B000TLUG4U/sr=1-3/qid=1253219809/ref=sr_1_3/279-8228893-0277561?_encoding=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=79275031&mcb=core

and would NOT recommend it! I thought I didn't need one and would just use normal pillows, but sent my mum out for this when lo was a few days old as I felt I wanted something shaped - I found this one very flat though, and always had to lay it on top of a normal pillow or cushion anyway! I will definitley be getting a new one for next time - like the look of the 'widgey' ones but will be asking for recommendations! I think it's worth spending ??30 for something good rather than ??20 for something rubbish!
  • Ive got the mothercare one and it works for me. I have very large boobs, and the firmer ones are too high for me. The mothercare one is a bit flatter which for me works,a s the firmer ones lift her too high!
  • Pom has a point, I have tiny boobs so needed something to lift him a bit higher and I found the mothercare one too flat.
  • thanks for the advice girls, had better get my skates on, baby is due on sunday!!! x