Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

any positive stories out there for mummies of 34? UPDATE :-)

Hi all,

As a newbie on here I would love to hear some positive stories of women getting pregnant in their 30's.

Also, stories of those who have been on the pill for 10+ years...

I'm 34 and have just started ttc and I'm trying to think positively :\)

Thanks!
XXX

UPDATE......

Well all your pma has rubbed off on me as I'm getting a faint line on my FR test! Know it's v early days - think i'm about 11 dpo, but the line has got gradually slightly more over the last 3 days which is a good sign right??
Can't believe it, I've only been off the pill about 3-4 weeks! Thought I'd have to wait for months and months.
Trying not to get TOOO excited yet as it's such early days. But I can't help it! And I brought the test into work with me so I can keep secretly looking at it :lol:
So thanks again for the PMA ladies! XXX

[Modified by: londonfields on 05 October 2009 11:28:58 ]

Replies

• Hi,

I'm 34 and had a baby boy in June. We were very lucky and concieved 2nd month of trying but I hadn't been on the pill previously so that probably helped.

Good Luck ttc xxxx

• hi,
    im 38 (39 in nov)i was on the pill for about 10 yrs came off the pill in march'08 and had really long cycles for a whole year then got my BFP in april this year and im now due on 16th jan'10.:\) :\) :\)

good luck ;\)
  • Hi,
    I'm 38 and got pregnant(first) in the first month of trying (very shocked!!) i wasn't on the pill before though. I'm now 16+5 due in March.

Good luck, relax and have fun trying.

Kirsty
  • Hi & welcome!

I'm almost 32 and I'd been on the pill for 12 years without a break and was worried it would take ages for my cycles to settle down, but surprisingly we fell pregnant within the first few months of trying. Unfortunately I had a mmc (but were assured it was nothing to do with either my age or being on the pill for so long), and I'm happy to say that after only another few months of ttc we are now looking forward to the birth of our first baby in a couple of weeks time.

My hubby is a couple of years older than me, and we've got loads of friends who are having their first babies in their mid-thirties without any problems at all, so like the other ladies have said, the best thing to do is just relax and have fun trying, and it will happen for you too! image

Caroline xxx
    38+3
  • hi there

i'm 31, was on the pill for 15 years, and conceived first month of trying.

my daughter is now 4 weeks old!

best of luck x
  • I was 32 when I conceived my little one (now 20 months) in our first month trying. We used ovulation prediction test kits, and were over the moon to have been successful. We were also on our honeymoon, which added to the joy, and probably meant that iw as happy and relaxed and enjoying some fine food and wine!

The very best of luck to you.
  • im now 39 and my 1st baby was due yesterday, hope all goes well for you xx
  • I'm 36 and was on the pill for 15 years or so. It took me 7 months to get pregnant once we started trying (longest seven months of my life) but all was well and I had Roslyn in April this year.

I would second what the others have said about relaxing. I was soooo good, not drinking being healthy etc (also being pretty uptight about wanting to get pregnant) for the first 6 months of trying. Month 7 coincided with having a week off work, chilling out, going to the pub and going to a raucous drunken Irish wedding....three weeks later I had my BFP...I like to think that I relaxed and that helped.

Good luck with trying.
    Sandra

PS Cosmic girl I hope you're LO has now put in an appearance.
  • Hi hun... I was on pill for 10 years, came off and got preg 2 months later then didn't go back on pill but had 2nd baby at 35 (after 2 months of trying!) am now 41 and ttc no 3!
  • Hi again everyone.

Thank you SOOO much for all your lovely successful stories. And CONGRATULATIONS! It's so lovely hearing them all and makes me feel a lot more hopeful and confident.

I'm just trying hard now to relax and not be too obsessive haha...
    XXX
  • hi, I was 32 when I came off the pill after being on it solidly since I was 16 and I fell for my lo in the second month

Hope it all goes well for you hun

Claire 34 and Shea 2years and 3 days
    xxxx
  • Hi,

I am Debbie, 39 years old, and pregnant with no 4. Fell pregnant with this baby straight away which was a shock as I have Graves Disease and can affect fertility.

We had Zara at 38 and it took us 13 months to get pregnant after me being on the pill since 18 years old.

Shanelle is 16, and Jasmine 14.
    We got pregnant after the 13 months of trying on the 1 month that we did not "try". We were due to go for iui, so we went on holiday, had loads of wine and relaxed and just like they say it happened.

Good luck,

Debbie
  • Hi,

I am Debbie, 39 years old, and pregnant with no 4. Fell pregnant with this baby straight away which was a shock as I have Graves Disease and can affect fertility.

We had Zara at 38 and it took us 13 months to get pregnant after me being on the pill since 18 years old.

Shanelle is 16, and Jasmine 14.
    We got pregnant after the 13 months of trying on the 1 month that we did not "try". We were due to go for iui, so we went on holiday, had loads of wine and relaxed and just like they say it happened.

Good luck,

Debbie
  • I am 40. I had babies at

21, 23, 34, 35 and 38....

I have only been on the pill for short times and have fallen pregnant mostly by accident (happy ones though)..its a long story but after OH had cancer treatment we thought we were done with the 2 we had. It was a shock to find out I was pregnat with number 3 then 4 and then 5!!!!

Best of luck with your pregnancy.

d xxx
  • YAY! for your lines :\)

I was 34 when I had my first and now pregnant with my second at 36. Strangely my Granny had her two at 34 and 36 :\)
  • I had my 1st at 24 my second at 34 and now i'm 38 and have just had my 4th!
    I have never had any problems being a "older" mom
  • Hi

I'm 38 (39 in two weeks ) and I've just find out I'm expecting my first.

I'm also a type 1 diabetic.

We've been trying for 2 months so been really quick.

My mam was 41 when she had me and my sister was 39 when she had her eldest and 43 when she had her youngest.

Tx

• Hi, I'm 35 and came off the pill as soonas I came back from my honeymoon, I've not even had a peiod and am 6 weeks pregnant, although I had 2 children in my early twenties I was completely surprised as expected to be trying for a long time because of my age....
  • I'm 36, and have just had my 3rd baby- had my coil taken out in January, got the BFP in February.
  • hi, im 36, 37 when baby is due in jan.. was on the pill for about 15 years and became pregnant in 3 months of being off it!!
    everything has been fine..few cyst issues but nothing major! good luck sure will all work out. keep fit and eat well etc all the things they tell you to do and it works xx