Forum home General Chat General chat

baby belly after 3 years

any tip to get shut of the belly or even hide it. My friends that have had children seem to have shrunk back in to all their stuff.I feel pretty upset when I think about it too much.
Help!!!!

Replies

• HI HUN

MY RILEYS 2YRS 6MTHS AND I STILL HAVE MINE(HATE IT)BUT I DID ONCE HEAR A MUM SAY THINK OF IT AS YOUR BABYS ONCE LIFE SUPPORT AND IT DONT SEEM TO BAD(IT IS REALY)IVE TRYED DIETING AND WEIGHT LOSS BUT NOT MUCH LUCK.(MAYBE TUMMY TUCK OR LIPO HEHE)LOL.

I THINK WE JUST HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT.I HAVE A FRIEND THE SAME,SHE WAS HUGH WHILE CARRING AND NOT A STRETCH MARK IN SIGHT AND THEN AFTER BIRTH JUST FELL BACK INTO HER SIZE 10 JEANS(COW)EVERYONES DIFFERENT AND IM LEARNING TO DEAL WITH MINE SLOWLY.

TAKE CARE AND GOOD LUCK

EMMA XX
  • Thanks for rep Rileysmum.
    Probably me being too sensitive!! Have to pull out some big pants and start saving!!!! maybe run Maisy round the park a couple of times a week too.
    At least will get good nite sleep.
  • hi gracey & sons
    Maisy's just turned 3 in May.
    how I feel at the moment is actually putting me off have another baby!!!!
    How sad is that?
  • Hi Rachel,

THats how i feel,i think how could my man still love me in this state but he always says he loves my belly as it feels silky smooth where my stretch marks are(either being totaly true or just wanting to jump into bed).

Ive had alot of medical problems like my underactive thyriode which made me pile on the pounds,and recently being treated for endometrosis,im taking the pill 3mths at a time and bloating out hughly(have been mistaken for being pregnant,i look 6mths gone,thats how bloated i am)but at least i no when i do menstrate i'll loose the excess carried water and the usual stuff.

Im walking loads to help and Riley keeps me on my toes

Emma xx
  • thanks gracey n emma,
    i think it helps come to terms with body change when your not alone,thanks for comments it realy has made me feel better.
    still not sure about baby number 2 but still need to talk otherhalf into it.
  • hi gracey
    might take a while, trying to talk him in to getting wed!!!!

gracey r u going to try for girl, r u thinking of having any more emma.
    love rachel
  • hi gracey
    I have been engaged for about 5 years, there was always something else that we need to spend money on. but now every thing in house is nearly finished !!

Im looking at next year (poss aug) so that ive got time to talk him round!!

you never know,, I thought that i would never get Brendan to discuss getting wed, or deciding which month!!!

Drop some hints to your partner.
    The main reason behind me wanting to get wed is that i want the same name as my child (nothing to do with party) lol

rachelxx
  • Hi All,

Yeah i'd love to start ttc no2,but have to wait till 6th Aug when i have my appt with my gynie Dr about the endometrosis.All the nurses at my Dr's have been saying have another as it helps(how i dont no)but i might have to have the lazer op to remove any scar tissue,if i do then i think we will defo try for no2 before i have any surgery.

Just to add me and adi got married in August 02.We tryed to keep a good budget by shopping around for prices.We got a good deal on a honeymoon.we went to different travel agents.eg.went into thomas cook and told them that another agent had offered the same holiday cheaper but we wanted to go with thomas cook as we had gone with them before and they price beat our holiday.We ended up with 2wks in ibiza(san ann bay)for 300quid sc,and free travel insurance and plane meals.
    If either of you want any othe tips just let me no,happy to help.
    Emma xx
  • Hi Gracey,

Just drop suttle hints like that(having the same name)say it would mean so much to you.Or you could try the ''what will the boys think when they are older with their mum having a different name to them and daddy''.That should get him thinking.

Do you have any friend who are planning a wedding at the mo as you could pick up a wedding mag and say they passed it to you just in case for future reference.lol.

Try just bringing it up in conversation and tell him that you dont want anything expensive bu like the idea of being his wife.

Good luck hun

Emma xx
  • hi lady's

sorry for late reply I got called into work last min.

I agree with emma, tell him have much it upsets you not to have all your family with the same name.

This didnt realy bother me until maisy started pre school they ask childs name then think your is the same, then you have to correct them..
    It would be so much easier.
    Find out how much roughly a wedding will cost e.g. registry office £109.00ish/church £380.00ish room hire etc. then he cant say that it will be so expencive!! thats what my other half tried to do but I had done some homework...
    Sneeeky or what!!!!!
    Rachelxx
  • Hi Gracey,
    Me and riley are great.
    Your not mad for wanting to get arried at 23, i was married just before my 20th birthday, we married in august and i turned 20 in november, im glad we did as i dont think we could afford it now.
    I was very lucky at the time,i got my flowers from woolworths around mothers day(nice blue and white colour)they were fake but cheap and i got a friend to make them in to boquets for me and bridesmaids as she worked in a florest.
    My next bargin was my dress, my mum knew a man with a wedding shop and i got my dress for 180pound instead of 800pound(he put a sale ticket on it).
    The church was the most expensive at 380 pound but worth it.
    My eldist bridesmaids dress cost me 50 pound from the same bridal shop and i got my younger bridesmaids dresses from woolworths when they did the summer collection on dresses(they looked the part). We did a late deal for our honeymoon so that was cheap to. Tell the travel agent it will be your honeymoon but you wanted a late booking so you could have more spending money(we did and got a bottle of champers on a boat trip round the island)oh we went ibiza by the way.
    THe mother in law did the invites on the computer and put our photo on them(nice and personal)2nd class postage(another winner)
    And our best was the party, we didnt want a sit down as both ou families wouldnt be into that and its expensive so we booked out local snooker hall/bar,had 2 tables left out for people to play and did our own food.That cost 50 quid.
    Its easy when you check prices, i should become a wedding planner for people with budgets,lol.
    Let me no if you need any more info.
    Emma xx
  • hi gracey,

Weather in Sheffield been rubbish today not done much!!
    Your not mad for wanting to get wed at your age I would have if he would have agreed.(we've been together since I was 17 but we had know each other since I was 11)
    r.e. preschool:-I started firstly with a mother and tod group when maisy about 1, then another group for 2 hours were the kids would be in like a creche and parents did stuff in another room in same building(18 month).
    i also work thur & fri mum has her on thur, sis had her fri but my sis got new job and could'nt do it any more so she started all day friday (about 2) she is now at private nursery to get her ready of proper nursery in sept(cost a fortune no point working)
    maisy didnt have any friend until i started these groups. is there a mother & tod group in your area!!
    Rachelxx (sorry for essay)
  • Hi emma
    Your a real bargin hunter might need you services if all goes to plan!!!

If the price is right(lol)

Rachel xx
  • Hi Rachel,

Im always here and my advice is always free hun,i love that sort of stuff coz its so exciting!(bit like having a baby).

Hi Gracey keep at it hun and one day it will happen.

Emma xx
  • Hi Gracey

Why not try dropping a hint that youd like a ring,be bold about it,joke about it even.If he dont get that drop hints you want jewellery.
    If your both out shopping take him past a jewellers,have a good look find something you like then point it out and jokingly say ''thats realy lovely,oh well maybe one day i'll become mrs?'' he should get that hint loud and clear.
    Emma xx
  • Hi Gracey

Good luck with the shopping thing.We had a good weekend,although the weather is rather weird,its either nice and hot in the morning then rains in the evening or the other way round, its nuts.

We are going to have a good w/end next week as we are having a beer festerval in our castle park,it usually runs on fathers day but this year its a week late, but it gives the men something to look forward to.Theres also kidaround there giving out freebies and many more stalls giving away freebies but the best bit is the drinks side of it as you can hae a tester drink before you but so get very merry.

Anyway hope you and boys are good and speak soon.

Emma xx
  • hi gracey & emma
    sorry not posted for while had to work.
    just a quick update finally going to church to book wedding on monday afternoon, i cant belive it!!!!
    hows the hints going about your wedding!! has he twigged on yet!!
    hope you both had better weather than us.
    going to fancy dress party saturday should be good!
    i will post some pics on myspace.com/rachsarah.

Rachelxx
  • Hi Rachel and maisy

The weather here has been realy funny,hot one moment then rain ad thunder the next so no probably better than yours.

We also went to our cousins daughters birthday party last saturday(not fancy dress)but the balloon guy was fantastic,made scooby doo and bunny rabbis for the girls,swards for the boys and a foam machine,the kids loved it and Riley did to.
    Unfortunatly no pics to buzy keeping eyes on the child doing a runner.

Emma xx
  • Hi Gracey

Thats rachel with the wedding and fancy dress party.

Im married and have been for 5yrs this aug,got married just before my 20th birthday,and just went to a party sat which was realy good.
    Glad they found the problem but not soo good being pumped with antibiotics.

Still good luck trying with the hints and let us no how you get on,all the best hun.

Emma xx
  • hi gracey & emma

The weather in Sheffield has been realy bad it been on sky news for 2 days flash floods,river burst banks etc. sheff was at stand still for nearly 2 days.

The fancy dress party was brill, only a few people didnt turn up in fancy dress though. Maisy enjoyed getting dressed up and so did the adults. will post pics soon.

Our wedding is book for august 2nd 2008. (hurray)
    Who r u all?

Rachelxx