Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

FR,CB&Tesco HPT +ve but Docs urine test = -ve! UPDATE pics

The title says it all....I'm so confused. I rang the doctors for my test results this afternoon after gaining very obvious positive results on 3 different HPTs and they said my urine had come back negative!!...whats going on? Has this happended to anyone else? I'm only 4+4 so I'm in the very very early stages. The nurse will be ringing me tomorrow to have a chat.

M xx

MY MOST RECENT (TAKEN TODAY) POAS PICS...this is an FR and Tesco test
http://www.canyouseealine.com/view_home_pregnancy_test.cfm?testID=3449
Would you say this is a positive test and that the Doctors results of negative was a load of rubbish?!?!?!

M xxx

[Modified by: minkymou on 29 September 2009 20:54:20 ]

Replies

• doctors urine tests are rubbish they have a very low sensitivity, i would do a clear blue digi and take it to show them, thats what i did x

congrats x
  • Hey, I can inagine how confused u r!!!

When did u do the HPT's?? xx
  • I have done them for the past 4 days in a row (6 FRs & 1 CB) and I dashed to Tesco to get their own brand and POAS 15 mins ago.I seem to remember reading that Tesco's are less sensitive than FR and CB .... there was still definitely a positive result line there.
  • I would say congrats r in order then!!! Docs must be less sensitive!! I would definately go with CB digital xx
  • Thanks everyone.....8 HPT cant be wrong can they? Below is the link to the first tests that i took last Friday. The more recent tests off yesterday and today are much darker....what do you think?....

http://www.canyouseealine.com/view_home_pregnancy_test.cfm?testID=3395

M x
  • I agree with PP the doctors tests arent as sensitive!! I remember someone else having this problem & she was pg & is halfway through her pg now!!

Good luck hun xxx
  • I've just had the same problem. Three BFPs but at the doctors today it was negative. However, I've now started spotting so am wondering whether it's going to be a chem preg.

Good luck to you M - I can't see how that many tests can be wrong! x
  • Had a look at HPT's, theres definately a line on the both of them!! Congrats again!!! xx
  • Ah hon dont worry i had this last year with my ectopic as my HCG was so slow rising it took ages to get a pos pee test at docs, its just cause theirs are not sensitive thats all, some are even 100 miu if you are worried i'd ask for a blood test, but you're soooo early perhaps go back next week. I am in no way suggesting yours is ectopic either i was nearly 8 weeks before mine triggered a dr's test & even then extremely faint line so dont worry !!

KJx
  • http://lt1f.lilypie.com/ADtlp1.png

I've never had a test done by doctors - they have always taken my word for it that I'm pregnant! Is that not standard practice? I lived in different areas too so not peculiar to just the surgery I'm with now...
    I'd say you definitely are pregnant honey so many congrats!
  • Hey Minkymou,

I've not had one of my own yet but those pics are def BFP's. :\)
    I would ignore the DR's test for now hun, stop stressing about their eff up and enjoy being pregnant!!

Congratulations xx
  • i would deffo say thats a BFP

sarah
  • Honey todays tests are deffo darker than the ones last wk, that said I can see lines on all the tests so its looking good honey. Hope it all sorts its self out, it must be so frustrating. I reckon congratulations are in order tho.
    As someone else suggested try cbd, this will confirm how many wks you are X
  • Honey todays tests are deffo darker than the ones last wk, that said I can see lines on all the tests so its looking good honey. Hope it all sorts its self out, it must be so frustrating. I reckon congratulations are in order tho.
    As someone else suggested try cbd, this will confirm how many wks you are X
  • 100% pregnant!
  • I would say pregnant Congrats x
    Gems x
  • definately pregnant!! congrats.

I would say make an appointment with your GP for after the weekend, maybe do another home preg test in the morning before you go and take it with you..... maybe by then it will show on the GP's test too....and then tell your GP that they have bought cheap crappy tests cos they not working right!!

Good luck with you pregnancy - you're going to be a mummy xx
  • ur defo pregnant hun!! drs only use them dippy cheapys anyway. ignore em and take them a cbd! congrats xxx
  • Hey hun just thought i would let you know i am 9+5 and this happened to me i had all BFP on probably about 5 different brands and when i was 4+4 did a gp urine test and got a BFN was really shocked and upset when i got the results at 5wks anyway i said that i am getting BFP and they told me to do anotherone at 5+1 and that one came back BFP

They told me that their test is not as sensitive as the chemist brands so that if you have a chem pg it wont pick up. so dont worry hunny i think their tests are about 100hcg where as the ones on the shelves are 25hcg

i am still going strong and having scan tonight

Good luck, how far along are you from LMP?
  • Your def pg hun there's no denying it!! I never normally have a gp's test either, the 1st time I told them I had 2 +ve & said im there for them to confirm it he said we dont need too if you've had 2 +ve!!!

Like we've said earlier on gp's tests arent as sensitive.

You enjoy your pg & like twinkle says go back when your 5 wks+ & tell them im pg when can I register the pg!! If they want to test you say i've had x of +ve tests or do a cbd the day you go & show them it!! Congratulations & h&h 9 months xxx