Forum home General Chat General chat

Hello- Am I A Lone Male Voice?

Hello Mike
Welcome to the site. I only joined a couple of weeks ago but have already recieved lots of advice and have really enjoyed geeting to know other people going through the same things as me. I live with my husband, Gillan and we have two children, Ethan 2 1/2 and Amber who's 5 months. Gillan has had a look on the Dads forum and thought about joining but didn't bother as there was no one there, I may be able to pursuade him now! Hope you have a lovely weekend with Caroline and Elizabeth, we are making the most of the sunshine and taking the children to a steam ralley! - Tasha

Replies

• If you helping raise her then in a sense yes you are a dad.
    My step dad raised me and my two sisters,we were only 5-6 and 7 at the time,we are all now 23-24 and 25yrs and his been our dad.
    Go onto th forum anyway you might be suprised to find someone in the same situation who you can chat with,but regardless your there and must be good at it.
    Emma
  • Hi Mike
    I'll have to encourage my other half John to have a look on here, it's nice to see a Dad taking an interest!!(I think he's worried it's all women)
    My dad brought up my 3 half sisters and my 2 half brothers just like they were his own and he never treated them any differently to me!! In fact he did such a good job that they never mention their 'biological' dad and they haven't seen him in over 20 years.
    Dawn
  • Hi to all those dads out there. It'll be great to get some male points of view.My hubby has taken to sitting and looking at the forums with me, (but dont think he's brave enough yet to enter into such a female world) even though he's married to me and got 2 daughters.
    Now that there are some more dads, I might be able to persuade him to chat!
    Speak soon
    Kas x

• "a) I'm not really a Dad in the official sense,"

Rubbish:
    as Trisha (chat show) once said "any idiot can do sperm,it takes someone special to be a dad".

My 22yr old brother is in the same situation. He is now engaged to a woman who has 3 kids, but they adore him and treat him like their dad. Him and his girlfriend are now also expecting their first baby.
    Good luck and im sure you're doing a great job.
    Kas and Ant x