Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

can we use deep heat?

ive had terrible back pain now for a couple of weeks but its at the top of my back so should not affect baby,probably a daft question but im at my wits end x

24+4

Replies

• Options
    i dont know for sure hun but i googled it and they didnt really seem to reccomend it. Does hot water bottles work for you?

http://www.babyworld.co.uk/faq/individualfaq.asp?Section=Pregnancy&SubSection=Medication&query=&opt=&page=&question=2843

PP 9+4 x
  • Options
    thanks hun i have tried but it didnt do much,i didnt think we could because its quite strong ill have to carry on with the water bottle lol x
  • Options
    No it's definitely not recommended. When I first got my BFP my DH had a bad back and I had been applying it to him. When I mentioned this to MW she said that I should wear gloves.

Hope that helps xx
  • Options
    Oh didn't know this :\( I had lower back ache on and off in my last pg and slapped it on all the time - oops.
  • Options
    How about Voltarol (think that's how you spell it), anyone know if that's ok? It does the same thing as Deep Heat but without the smell and burning sensation.
  • Options
    You cant use voltarol its ibuprofen based which interferes with baby practising breathing and lung development. There is very very little you can do I have pulled my trapeze muscle in my left side so have terrible pain in my shoulder and neck, its caused by posture and has got worse now he has dropped im allowed paracetamol and a wheat bag!

Absolute agony! But a wheat bag much better relief than a hot water bottle image

Em 34 + 6 x x x
  • Options
    Ah poo! Thanks for info though, would much rather know!
  • Options
    thanks for that girls x
  • Options
    Hi I've currently used deep heat on my ankles n knee caps as my joints are aching I'm 37 weeks preg,.. Do you knowif its fine?

First time using it so if its not it will also be the last ... Just like an opinion or a fact that you may know