Forum home Babies Baby

how to clean water / gel filled liquid teethers??

hello everyone,

how do you clean liquid teethers? i take it you can't put them in the steriliser or under the kettle! lol do you use dettol or just water? my lo is 3 months and i think starting to teeth. we have one of these liquid teethers and i want to make sure it is clean.

many thanks. xxx

Replies

• thanks hun! to be honest never heard of a milton tablet?! will look it up.

any more emails? x
  • I've never sterilised teethers, just wash them regularily...it's just like them chewing a muslin or toys & you can't sterilise them all so I wouldn't worry about it.
    xxx
    http://bf.lilypie.com/qYRe0/.png

http://lb3f.lilypie.com/K8A2p1.png

• I just wash them. Figured there's no point in sterilising as Riley will put anything in his mouth at the moment anyway. x
  • I used to wipe them with a milton cleaning wipe - same as I did with the toys. It's easier than cold water sterilising and is safe for them to put in their mouths. Now he's past 6 months I just wash them with hot water
  • thanks i will look for the wipes. x
  • This is an old post but I thought I would reply as I don't think it's a good idea to clean a teether with a Milton wipe, as they are made up of chemicals and designed for cleaning household surfaces. It is the same as putting a household cleaner on the teether! I would use the wipe and then rinse thoroughly, or wash and rinse it using an anti-bacterial washing-up liquid.
  • This is an old post but I thought I would reply as I don't think it's a good idea to clean a teether with a Milton wipe, as they are made up of chemicals and designed for cleaning household surfaces. It is the same as putting a household cleaner on the teether! I would use the wipe and then rinse thoroughly, or wash and rinse it using an anti-bacterial washing-up liquid.

how is using a milton wipe any different from submerging it in a milton solution or even wiping milton solution over it with a bit of kitchen roll or something? its not the same as a household cleaner at all. if anything the washing up liquid would have more soapy chemicals?
  • Milton Antibacterial surface wipe
    RRP ??2.19 for 30 wipes
    Available from www.milton-tm.com

Clinically proven to be effective against all bacteria such as E.Coli, Shigella, Salmonella and also protective against Candida Albicans, the fungus that causes thrush. They will kill the bacteria that become MRSA, Staphylococcus Aureus. The wipes are alcohol based and contain no moisturisers so the surface dries within seconds and there is no need to rinse, making them perfect for quick clean ups at home and on the move.
    Take Milton Antibacterial Wipes on holiday to instantly disinfect bacteria 'hot spots' in apartments and restaurants. They are fast drying and leave no residue on surfaces that may come into contact with baby.

Here are some of the Testers' comments:
    ??????? I found the Milton wipes brilliant, and have since bought more to use ??????? they are really handy to have out and about for all types of children's equipment!
    ??????? Loved the wipes! and they don't leave an after taste
    ??????? Yes, I liked the fact and the reassurance that they were sterlile
    ??????? Yes and I use them for my normal dummies as well now.
    ??????? Yes they were good and it is a name that I trust.
    ??????? Loved the ease of the Milton wipe great for this use and can see many uses out and about for them
    ??????? Very handy to use when in a rush because baby is crying
    ??????? Yes, they were great. Would definitely buy them again.
    ??????? They are great. I now keep them in the changing bag, for cleaning the various dropped toys that will inevitably end up back in my baby's mouth before I get a chance to wash them!
    ??????? I did really like these and would probably buy them in future. They were a nice size and weren't thin and flimsy
    ??????? Loved the Milton wipes, never bought them before and now use them all the time when out and about
    ??????? They are robust, suitably moist and easy to remove from the packet. The pack is resealable which is definitely advantageous, and they are easy to use. They kill bacteria and fungi, which is reassuring. Babies sometimes suffer from oral thrush, for instance after a course of antibiotics, so the fact that these wipes kill Candida (thrush) is an advantage - once the baby has been treated, the wipes can be used to treat the baby's soothers, teething rings and toys to prevent re???????infection.
    ??????? Yes, quick and effective with peace of mind
  • i use a dettol wipe to clean ds teether and toys. don't think its the same as cleaning it with flash or something lol! its an anti bacterial ans according the adverts completely safe enough to eat straight off the high chair, so don't see the problem, not like its still wet with the stuff when i give it to him. if ur worried maybe use a detoll/ milton wipe then wipe off the excess witha clean piece of kitchen paper xx