Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

1ww anyone?

Hi ladies,

I'm just going in to my 1ww and am driving myself insane with ss :\( so wondered if there is anyone else doing this or is it just me? :x

I thought maybe we could share the symptoms we're sure we've got (but in my case are probably just in my head :lolimage and anything else we want to talk/maon about image

xxx

Replies

• a post after my own heart!

I'm in 1ww and its driving me CRAZY! i'm trying to balance PMA with reality, so I'm currently swinging between blind optimism (spotting all kind of symptoms, working out EDD, thinking about how I will tell everyone yada yada) to crushing pessamism (like how disappointed I will be if/when AF arrives)!!!

I reckon I'm about 8DPO and have fuller, achy boobs, feel shattered and over the last day or so I've had a strange ache, like a stitch, in my lower abdomen. so of course I'm been getting exciting, hoping it might be implantation pains!! I need to get a grip! I'm going to feel like such an idiot it AF arrives next week!

I've had long irregular cycles so its been hard to predict ovulation in advance, but this time we BD'd just before ov so I can't help but feel hopefully.

I've a bit of a dilemma too - I'm going on a hen weekend on friday and i want to avoid alcohol in the hope that I might get a BFP when i test but its going to be really hard to avoid drinking the whole weekend without drawing attention to it. plus my mum's going to be on the hen weekend and she's more of an eagle eyed symptom spotter than me, so I'm sure she'll clock on but i wouldn't want to get her hopes up before I've tested - eek?

so, your not alone, although after all my rambling you might wish you were!!!!:roll:

lb x
  • Yay, I'm not the only one :lol:

It's so hard balancing PMA and reality isn't it?! I really thought I'd done it last month as AF was 3 whole days late and so I was gutted when it did arrive :cry: so I'm trying really hard not to end up like that again.

BUT.....

My (.)(.) feel heavy, I have a funny taste in my mouth (which I also had last month which tasted like a shiny 10p, this months it's different) and for the last 3 nights, I have woken up from VERY vivid dreams. I'm also shattered, but having said that I am just getting over swine flu!

Erm, with regards to excuse, could you say you're on antibitoics for a water infection - people don't tend to ask for details about this :lol:

When is your AF due?

xxx

P.S. Forgot to say, I'm 7DPO
  • yay indeed! hopefully we can try and stay relatively sane together!! (unlikely!!)

I think I will claim to have a water infection - might even do some groundwork and begin to mention it to mother in advance - ooh the web of lies we weave!!

AF is due monday so I might POAS on friday (although I know I really shouldn't!) . If you are 1 day behind me then you're AF will be due the beginning of next week too?

lb xx
  • Me - and I am hating it! - I wasn't like this first time round but I just want to KNOW!!!
  • Yay, Maximum - join the mad ss group!!

My AF is due next Wednesday I think, but as my cycle's have been a little erratic, so going with this day as it's the furthest way.

Do you think you should really test littleb (coming from the woman who is considering buying some cheapie tests from Amazon!)

I'm with you MaxiMum on wanting to know NOW, I hate this waiting game, never mind the fact that I'm a VERY impaitent person anyway!

xxx
  • I am due AF next wed too - keep tempting myself into maybe testing a bit earlier but I KNOW I SHOULDN'T!!!!
  • Lets not test together (which sooo much easier said than done I know!)

We know it's not even going to show until at least 12DPO, which confuses me when the tests say they can detect in 4 days before AF is due, as that's usually around 10DOP :\? :\?

xxx
  • Aww EPP - our paths crossed, but think it still made sense!

Blue veins is quite a good symptom I think, hope so!

I'm not going to test until Thursday, as it will definetly be late then (beacuse it WON'T arrive of course!)

xxx
  • Me too!! about 7/8dpo & have to admit have no symptoms at all only the achy AF type pains which I had quite bad for about 3-4 days straight after ov then they went & today again achyish nothing to shout about though & slight lower back niggles.

(.)(.) are perfectly normal not sore at all no extra cm in fact the opposite image !!! Oh & im getting really short tempered, teary & ratty as I normally do before AF shows - so all in all not looking good for me is it!!!

We off to eurodisney in 5 weeks so don't think I'll be too disappointed, & will give it a miss for 1 month cause I'll be able to go on more rides!!!

Best of luck though girls? When are ye testing?? I Might do a cheapie Friday morning if i can hold out!

KJx
  • BTW those tests that say they can detect a +ve 4/6 days before AF if you read the small print in the studies they did only like 40-50% of ladies got their BFP that early even though
    they were pg.

I know right well I'll give in & prob will do one everyday until AF arrives!!

KJx
  • Katyjo, you're not allowed to test early!!! When is your AF due? You never know, this might just be your month!

PMA PMA PMA!!

xxx
  • EPP - sounds good!

babahunny, Saturday, that's not very far away at all - I'm soo jealous! Don't worry about how much you did or didn't BD, it only takes one little swimmer!

xxx
  • i'm 11dpo and very tempted to test 2moz but going to try and be good! Last AF was first one after mc and i didn't feel any diff but this month i just do feel a bit diff. It's hard to explain it, as before i have more cm, af like pains on and off as well as odd sharp stab like pain, back ache, bloated, snotty nose (clear) -and i'm not poorly cus it's diff, and i swear my boobs are feeling mre plump - however i didn't notice this until 24dpo last time - i ahve long cycles so was holding out but since my mc thats goi8ng to be V unlikely! xx
  • You might have just persuaded me not to test until monday - the rationale part of me says that whatever the result I would get on friday I still wouldn't chance drinking so it kind of makes no difference to my weekend.............but I WANT TO KNOW (stamps feet a little bit!)

perhaps there is strength in numbers and I'll be able to resist if I know that others are too

xx PMA to all of you lovely ladies
  • Ooh good luck rocky_kiz, really hope you get your BFP!

EPP - you're on!! When should she be due?

xxx
  • Hi,

Can I join you all on your 1ww? I'm on month 25, with 2 m/c in the past 11 months.
    11DPO and already caved and got BFN on 9 and 10DPO. I just have no will-power and always test early just on the off chance it's worked. Have absolutely no symptoms though.
    Spent the whole day on a course, sat a metre away from a smug heavily pg person, who kept rubbing her bump! :x
  • AF due early next week Rainbow.

I'm a bit strange & have a different view on testing early than everyone else image For me the whole waiting, waiting, waiting game doesnt sit well I'm soooooo impatient so i figure if i did hold out & got BFN it would have been torture for nothing, but if i keep testing early well early as in theres a chance of a BFP not like 6dpo or anything :lol: then i'm not torturing myself & wont be so dispapointed to see AF as i'll have had a few BFN by that stage & used to the fact that we didnt do it does that make any sense to ANYONE else or just me???????? image

when i say impatient i mean i want everything now now now i'm so impulsive its a major thing for me (& not good either) not in a spoiled stamp my feet kind of way though!! I just find waiting for anything really difficult even the hour between 4 & 5pm KILLS me everyday!!!

KJxx

• Babahunny, you have to use the 3rd one on the forum signatures bit - I think!

Luckystar, please feel free to join us! image Sorry about your 2mc, I can't imagine how you must feel, hopefully month 25 is the one for your sticky BFP!

Katyjo - I'll let you in to a secret, I also have the same opinion on testing :lol: I always think that I'd rather see AF after the BFN rather than just AF. BUT as I've been testing earlier on the other months, I'm deciding to do something different this month and not test

xxx
  • Babahunny, you have to use the 3rd one on the forum signatures bit - I think!

Luckystar, please feel free to join us! image Sorry about your 2mc, I can't imagine how you must feel, hopefully month 25 is the one for your sticky BFP!

Katyjo - I'll let you in to a secret, I also have the same opinion on testing :lol: I always think that I'd rather see AF after the BFN rather than just AF. BUT as I've been testing earlier on the other months, I'm deciding to do something different this month and not test

xxx
  • can i join you guys?! my AF is due next week... i have no symptoms :\( just AF pains... so not hanging out any hope this month - we did not bd too much either.. my PMA is 0!! :roll: jeepers this ttc is hard!! PMA to all you lovely ladies x