Forum home Babies Baby

When can you put teddies in their cot?

Hi all

Daisy-Mae is now 7.5 months and is loving her soft toys etc.

When she sleeps in the car, she holds onto her pink puppy and has her little blankie in her cot. She's a wrigglebum and moves around well, sits up, crawls and can stand up on her feet with support, so she's strong enough to move herself if she gets hot etc..

So when did you put more things in their cots? I've got loads of soft toys bought for her when she was tiny and they are all in a bag in her room - want her to be able to touch and play with them, but only if it's safe!

C x

Replies

• Isaac is 9 months and always has to cuddle up to monkey when he goes to sleep! He also has a mini cuddly monkey and a blankie which he loves. Isn't it funny how they suddenly get attached to things? We have about 4 cuddly things in his cot and I think as long as they're mobile it's fine! Also as long as they meet current safety standards, DH has a couple of old ratty toys from when he was a baby but they won't be going anywhere near our lo! :lol:
  • Isaac is 9 months and always has to cuddle up to monkey when he goes to sleep! He also has a mini cuddly monkey and a blankie which he loves. Isn't it funny how they suddenly get attached to things? We have about 4 cuddly things in his cot and I think as long as they're mobile it's fine! Also as long as they meet current safety standards, DH has a couple of old ratty toys from when he was a baby but they won't be going anywhere near our lo! :lol:
  • Abby had a small bunny in her cot in the hospital, and had her pink blankie as well from about 3 days old. Now she wont sleep in her cot with out them - so God knows what will happen when they get lost or fall to bits!

She had a big teddy in her cot (at the head end - she was right down at the foot end) until she started to wriggle, so I have now moved him to a shelf until she is a bit older. xxx
  • Thanks guys - she's gone off to bed this evening with a plethora of cuddlies!!!!!
    C xx
  • I had "mousey" from birth apparantely. I still have him / her now (she changes!) but don't tell anyone! :lol:
    (yes in bed with me at night!!!)
    xxx
  • Lily has had all her cuddly toys in the cot with her since birth (at the feet end), and I only took them out recently because she was getting too long to fit in with them all in there!
  • I had "mousey" from birth apparantely. I still have him / her now (she changes!) but don't tell anyone! :lol:
    (yes in bed with me at night!!!)
    xxx

I had a bloody great lion (about 3 ft long) from when I was 2 till I was about 25 when it suffered an 'accident' at the hands of my hubby. Apparantly it's head 'fell' off when he moved it. Likely story!!!

Barney has been taking some sort of animal to bed with him since he was about 8 months, he currently has a very big bear, a large triceretops, a monkey and peppa pig in his cot, along with his cuski he had from birth. We will have to put him in a bed soon just to make enough room for them all :lol::lol:
    xx
  • Darcy has a selection in her cot, she sings to them in the morning. Both me and hubby have our childhood fav toy in bed.