Forum home General Chat General chat

I made my son cry !

This morning on the way to school, Aarons shoe came off.
I bent down to put it back on for him and then tightened both shoes up a bit.
When I looked up Daniel was gone!
I started to panic a bit. ( I watched "Chinas stolen children" last night)
I thought he may have gone on so went to catch up. He was'nt round the corner like I thought he would have been.
So I went back to see if he had gone back looking for me.
He was'nt there.
I then started to really panic and feel sick. I went round the back of the school to see if he was in the play ground,
and there he was.
So I did what I never thought I would do.
I screamed at him that I had been looking for him and that I was really worried. So he then burst into tears and the the bell went and he walked off crying and wouldnt say goodbye to me.
I feel terrible now and ended up teary myself.
I know I'm going to feel bad all day till I pick him up later.
Sorry to go on but I had to get that off my chest.

Replies

• Oh you poor thing how scary, I'm not surprised you yelled at him it was just a reaction. i'm sure he'll of forgotten about it when you pick him up but why don't you have a nice chat with him about why you were upset and why it scared you if he understands the dangers i'm sure he'll forgive you!!
  • Hi Lucyanne,

I'm pleased it all turned out ok in the end. I completely understand your reaction. Not everyone may agree with this but jack wandered off breifly over the summer, luckily i had him in sight but he didn't know that. It was on a day that a picture of Maddie McCann and a suspect was in the paper. I showed him the paper and told him that this bad guy took this little girl away from her mum and dad and they couldn't help her because they didn't know she had wandered off. He can be anywhere and that's why he needs to stay with us. He cried because he realised she must be missing them. It was quite a harsh thing for me to do but it worked and he has never done it since. In fact if he's on his scooter he turns round and asks if he's gone too far from me.

He knows it's because you care.

Zoe x
  • aw babe, hope everything was ok when you picked him again. sometimes your reactions take over and you just do scream. we've all been there at some point. i remember seeing charlie reaching up for a knife that my mum left on the bench i screamed then.
  • Awwww hun, i hope he was ok when u picked him up

xxx