Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

It's official - we're getting ready to try for our first!!!

Hi everyone,

I just got married in August and we've now decided to start getting ready to conceive - today is the first day that I took folic acid and did NOT take my Pill! It's all very exciting, but it feels like the fun stuff is very far away still. No idea what will happen now I'm not on the pill, haven't had AF for over two years so I'm venturing into the unknown!

I am having my last day of freedom (ie wine) tonight and then going on a healthy eating plan tomorrow. I'd like to lose some weight before conceiving.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Replies

• Hi MrsShevs!

I took my last pill on weds and my first dose of folic acid and zinc for my hubby!! I'm waiting for AF to come although first one isn't a 'real' one we're going to start trying tonight!...it's so exciting isn't it!!!

Good luck honey xx
  • oh and you may want to switch over to the 'trying for a baby' forum now you're official!! Lol! x
  • congrats xxx
  • Thanks image I don't know when we'll actually start to try, as I want to lose weight first. I did well to lose for the wedding but put it back on whilst on honeymoon!!!

no AF as yet....

• I'm in the exact same boat as you! I am planning on TTC January 1st for our first planned baby. We have one angel baby. I am also working on losing weight before conceiving. I wan to lose roughly 40-55 lbs
  • Oooh how exciting!! Im sure with a target dropping a teeny dress size wont feel the chore i think it feels like sometimes!! Good luck with everything.
  • Congratulations hun, we are UPSI at the moment and then going to be trying from my next cycle in Dec am so excited and cant stop looking at baby stuff!! Just a tad obsessed then! x
  • Congratulations hun, we are UPSI at the moment and then going to be trying from my next cycle in Dec am so excited and cant stop looking at baby stuff!! Just a tad obsessed then! x