Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Unexpected move being made!!

Hey everyone,

I posted here a little while ago saying that we were back on track for trying in January, but after a (slightly (very)) conversation last night with my husband we've decided that we'll stop using protection now! I'm so excited and really nervous too, it all feels so real now, I've had butterflies in my stomach all day!!

I'm lucky in that I've just finished a period so I'll hopefully ovulate in the coming week, giving us a chance this month, and I've been taking folic acid and been off the pill for a couple of months.

My husband is a little less keen still, but has said not using protection is fine now, and then in January if nothings happened we can start making lifestyle changes (ie. him cutting out alcohol, although he doesn't really drink a huge amount), but we've got a boots preseed equivalent and I'll be using ovulation sticks so hopefully we'll have a decent chance now.

I just wanted to say bye for now and hope to see you all soon, as I won't get much of a chance to post here and I think I'll post in the TTC forum when I do - trying to post as little as possible so that I don't get too obsessive over it!!

K xx

Replies