Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Some OV advice please

Hey girls, need your advice on whats happening.
I'm on CD11 and yesterday I was sure I was OVing as usual but as the day went on I started getting really bad cramps like i do before AF but not just around the ovary area like I've felt other months but also my back too. When I went to bed I almost felt as if AF was about to appear. Is this normal? Haven't felt like this before.
Still not got my PMA back after last month cos when I told OH that I though I was OVing he said "oh well we don't need to do it tonight, you'll still be OVing for a couple of days". Although he got me really angry and a bit upset I let it go. I'm almost thinking whats the point anyway.

Replies

• HAha - so sorry had to laugh at your OH with that comment...perhaps you should buy him a book on how babies are made and that your actual window of chance is as little as 12-24hrs. What you need to explain to your husband is that although having sex a few days before might catch your egg, having sex a few days after OV won't get you pregnant. Men do make me larf.

as for your AF symptons...I had extremely bad back ache sat/sun and couldn't put it down to why...then clicked I am (hopefully) OVing today so perhaps me and you do have that before OV?

PP84 x
  • thanks Mrs PP84. I'm feeling so down this month that I don't have any fight left in me to point these things out to my OH. I know I'm being pathetic but can't seem to lift my mood. x
  • oh hun, your not pathetic......
    seriously, it is so easy for women to understand as its our bodies and we generally do the most research/reading up on TTC/pregnancy.

As hard as it is, try not to get too focused on just having a baby - especially around BD time. Just go with the flow and let nature take over.

Perhaps theres another reason for you feeling down - how long have you been trying?
    xxx
  • Hey Mrs PP84
    This is month 5 so not that long compared to some. I think I'm so down cos last month was the first I'd let myself believe that we'd actually done it. Only to be let down. Although you can let me know what you think...
    My AF was really light and only lasted not quite 2 full days but ever since I've been having headaches, constantly tired,feeling a bit sicky, tender and spotty boobs. It's like i don't know my body anymore. AAAAAHHHHHHH someone help me. x
  • ah chick - being a woman sucks big time doesn't it.

I totally can relate - I got a bfp last month at cd31 and was ecstatic.....my af then appeared just short of 2days later. It's painful so this month i've taken a complete break from it. Couldn't post on here for two weeks after and this month i'm not doing anything really, it's too hard and i'm only on month3!

I think me and you can just 'up' each other when we need it. Go get yourself some chocolate, have a bath, try to relax and not let your body dictate your life to you! Sometimes your body lets you see symptons that might not be there, if that makes sense? because you want it so much.

big hugs x x
  • Thanks Mrs PP84. ((((((((((HUG))))))))))
    Think you're right, we can definately 'up' each other. And your totally right about the SS, wishful thinking I think.

Big hugs right back atcha. x
  • we'll get our bfps, i definately have enough PMA in me to think that but i've given up thinking 'when'.
    SS is a horrid horrid thing. First month TTC I was loving it, keeping an eye out for everything, last month I got fab symptons! this month i'm not even going to keep a record so I won't know exactly dpo/symptons/etc....if AF comes, she comes! I can't deal with bfns again so no testing until absolutely certain this month LOL.

My email is activated if you ever want to talk

xx
  • we'll get our bfps, i definately have enough PMA in me to think that but i've given up thinking 'when'.
    SS is a horrid horrid thing. First month TTC I was loving it, keeping an eye out for everything, last month I got fab symptons! this month i'm not even going to keep a record so I won't know exactly dpo/symptons/etc....if AF comes, she comes! I can't deal with bfns again so no testing until absolutely certain this month LOL.

xx

xx