Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

1st AF off pill or implantation bleed?

Hi, I am new to 'TTC' and came off my pill 11th September. CD1 was on 16th September. so yesterday was CD55. I have 5 tests in this time but have come to the conclusion after 5BFN's (last one CD53) that it is my body returning to 'normal' I think I have my AF but I usually experience pain but I am not. It is very light too. I have heard of Implantation bleeding but beleive it is more likely to be AF. Has anyone else had a very light AF after coming off the pill. I thought it was supposed to be the other way around and was expecting it to be agony.

Any experiences shared would be appreciated.

This TTC malarky is very head mashing!

Replies

• Hi mrsshep. Welcome to the world of TTC. I stopped my pill back in May and had to wait 113 days until my first AF arrived! image Believe me the relief when it did was huge as i knew my body was working! My next cycle was 39 days long and this cycle is looking at about 35 days as i know i have ovulated recently so am basing in on that.

My AF's were always fairly light anyway but since coming off the pill they are even lighter! I also used to get severe headaches the first day of my AF when on the pill but don't get them anymore so all in all i seem better off not on it!

Fingers crossed your body gets back to 'normal' fairly quickly and it doesn't take you long to get your BFP. x
  • Hi,

I came off the pill earlier in the year after being on for 8 years. My periods went back to normal fairly quickly (had to take the Morning after Pill twice, which caused a bit of chaos, but I'm (hopefully) good now), my AF's were light at first too - like they were when I was on the pill. Now, they've gone back to how they were before I went on the pill - heavy 2-days, off 2-days on a day.

Although there is a chance that you're pregnant - I would err to the side of it being your AF

Fingers crossed for you concieving soon.