Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

can anyone tell me...

can anyone tell me when i should expect AF after a MC/D&C? friday will be week 3 sence my MC just wondering if its usually late or like it normally was in the past? i also want to thank you all for keeping me sain, you are all wonderful ladies! good luck too you all on catching a bean! *hugs*

Replies

• Hello Gussie. It's different for everyone really, my dr said 4-6 weeks is normal. Mine came exactly 4 weeks to the day after my d&c, but then I skipped a month and a half, started spotting in July and literally bled for 3 months! I am unsure what my cycle even is now. I finally stopped bleeding 4 weeks ago, and the weird thing is, once again 4 weeks to the day now, AF has showed up. I am praying that this will be a normal cycle, and not last for months again. Good luck with ur cycle! Hope it comes soon so you can get back to normal and try for your BFP!image
  • thank you blessed b., i wish all the luck for you also!
  • my first AF was 33days after the day I 'counted' as MC (I bled for 2 weeks, but that day was when the pain and clots started). Then have had a 2nd one 27days after the first.
  • Glad I could help. Hopefully af won't be too much of a bother. I know a lot of women say their first AF was horrible as they had horrible cramping and more bleeding than normal, but mine was fine. Just keep your head up and don't let yourself get too down, as too much stress can throw your body out of whack (now if only I could take my own advice) lol:roll:
  • Hope your not waiting too long hun, like the others say generally 4-6 wks but some cases (like myself can be much longer).

Take care hun xxx
  • mine came after 8 weeks and then the next 50 days agter that!!!! I ahd medical management of my mmc though (i don;t come round V well after anasthetic) and think with that it does take a bit longer for peoples bodies to get back to normal afterwards. xx
  • mine came after 8 weeks and then the next 50 days agter that!!!! I ahd medical management of my mmc though (i don;t come round V well after anasthetic) and think with that it does take a bit longer for peoples bodies to get back to normal afterwards. xx
  • Hey hun, I had ectopic so a bit different but just wanted to say Im sorry about your loss. Big hug xx
  • thank you all for your replies! hoping for the 4-5wks! want to get the ball rolling agian! and regain some normal back into life wishing everyone loads of luck this next month and to everyone with BFP congrats and healty 9mths to come!