Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Am I or Aren't I?? UPDATE: Done the test!!

I am now 12dpo and although I promised myself I wouldn't test until at least Thurs when AF is due I gave in and tested on Sun at 10dpo.

I have a couple of ebay cheapies (they are the strip ones which you dip in a pot of urine) left from last month and have heard they aren't very reliable (not sure how true that is) but decided I would use them anyway as I wasn't really expecting a result, haven't had any symptoms to make me think I am pregnant, it was more that I'm obsessed with poas!!! haha. As I thought, it came up negative. For some reason when I got in from work yesterday I decided to do another one and again negative but after a couple of minutes I was convinced I could see the faintest second line so done yet another test and this too showed a faint line after a couple of minutes - the line really is faint but it definately looks pale pink rather than pale grey which I've been told could be an evaporation line and it's obvious to the naked eye, although not strong enough for my camera to pick it up.

A third test this morning showed the same thing but I really don't know whether I should trust these tests or not as I have heard bad reviews. Has anyone had any experience with ebay tests? Should I believe what I see or wait until Thurs/Friday and test with a first response?

Thanks for reading - hope it makes sense?!

X

.......................................................................................................................................................................

And it's a BFP!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it, although you all said it looked promising I had managed to convince myself it would be negative and that the tests I had previously used were a dodgy batch!! haha.

I managed to hold out until after work today as I had been having what I thought were af pains on and off, even ran to the loo a few times thinking I had started my period, but on my home I decided to pop to the chemist to get a First Response test and within seconds of peeing on it two lines came up!!!

Wish my husband was home, he's not back until 9. He will be so surprised as he has no idea that I have been testing for a few days, I can't wait to see his reaction.

X

[Modified by: Mayse on 12 November 2009 18:05:28 ]

Replies

• It sounds promising! I would put a bet on that you are pg. Why don't you do a first response or cb tomorrow morn? I think you might not be able to wait til thurs/friday!
    Good luck and I hope you get a definite bfp reading! Let us know how you get on.
  • Thanks meem and I think you're right about me not being able to wait until Thurs!! hehe.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up because I was ill around ov and convinced we didn't bd enough or at the right times but we shall see!!

Will let you know how I get on.

• Hey hon. Ive heard of false negatives but never a false positive image!! get yourself a FR or CBD to confirm but i think if theres a line no matter how faint & its pink then you've done it yay!!

KJ.x
  • Hi there Mayse - ooh this sounds good to me. I'm thinking if a cheapie test is showing something, then a FR test would definately show it more clearly! They can be used up to 4 days before AF due I have read. I'd be tempted to test now, but I am probably a POAS addict. If you can hold out and wait til tomorrow to use a FMU then that will probably be more reliable.

Sorry to be the little devil on your shoulder but it just sounds very exciting to me!

Good luck and let us know what you decide to do and of course what the result is!

Thinking of you good luck! x

• Well Hello first winter gang tester! image

Mayse, it does sound promising hun but I would get yourself a FR test because I have found the cheapies to be unreliable for some people- myself included. I had lines on 3 last month and they were evap lines...they weren't pink in colour (so yours sound more positive) but they were incredibly clear- I even posted the pics of them on 'can you see a line' website and most people voted that you could see a line on them. In the end I brought a clear blue and it was BFN. However your lines were pink so I'd defo test again. Those cheapies are meant to be sensitive but they aren't really- most ladies have said they got a BFP on another brand way earlier than the cheapies showed anything.

Go and get yourself another test and report back! :lol:

Good luck!image

xxxxxx

• Thanks for the replies ladies - keep your fingers crossed for me please!

Charlie-chalk - as you see I gave in and tested early, naughty me!! Thank you for posting about your experience with the tests as although I'm fairly sure they are pink lines part of me is thinking maybe they're not and that because I was staring at them for so long I convinced myself I could see pink!!

I will take everyones advice and get a first response later or tomorrow and see what that says!!

• Hi hun
    That sounds really promising! So you should test again.
    Have heard from many people that superdrugs own are a lot more sensitive than 1st response so you could save some money and go for those.

Good luck
    xxx
  • Just to say that I decided to be good and not test again until tomorrow when AF is due but I am starting to think that maybe I have been getting evaporation lines like Charlie_chalk did (although I'm sure they are pink lines!!) as I have been getting AF type cramps on and off all day and yesterday my boobs where fairly tender but today they seem just like normal - surely if I am PG they would still ache?

So, I'm not feeling too positive now but I will still let you know how I get on tomorrow.

• Mayse I think you are showing very good willpower- something which I myself do not posessimage

As for sore boobs and symptoms-well with both my kids I didn't have single symptom at all! Not a one- in fact both my BFP's were huge shocks. I did have sore boobs, but not until I was about 5 weeks pg.

Can you post a picture of your cheapies?

xxxx
  • To be honest I think I have convinced myself it will be a BFN so that's why I am managing to put off testing!!!

It's promising though that you didn't have any symptoms as, having never been PG before, I assumed it would be obvious that something was different.

I will post a picture when I get home tonight (if I can work out how!) but my camera isn't very good and when I took a picture yesterday it didn't really show anything.

• you can get cheap tests from places like home bargins and other places that sell things like shampoos and painkillers etc, im sure there would be more reliable than the ones from ebay as im guessing to make it in to stores they have to pass certian standards, however i dont seem to show up as being pregnant on any test other than a drs test so maybe worth seeing ur dr,
    good luck x
  • you can get cheap tests from places like home bargins and other places that sell things like shampoos and painkillers etc, im sure there would be more reliable than the ones from ebay as im guessing to make it in to stores they have to pass certian standards, however i dont seem to show up as being pregnant on any test other than a drs test so maybe worth seeing ur dr,
    good luck x