Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Could I be pregnant? Advice please :)

Hi girls
I had a MMC in October, I had a D&C 5 weeks ago. They said I could bleed anything from 2 days to 2 weeks, I had exactly 2 days of bleeding and nothing since. I didnt take any tests after my D&C, but as it has been 5 weeks and I have been feeling wierd the last few days, I took a CBD today and it says 'Pregnant 1-2!'
I suppose I am wondering if this could be possible?! We havent been actively 'trying' as I thought best to have a period first, but we did have sex... I just didnt think it could happen this quick?

Sorry I am just really confused. I havent even mentioned this to my hubby as I dont want him to worry ss all he did last time was worry about me!

Any advice would be much appreciated,

Thanks, Melanie xx

Replies

• hey, it could and can happen yes however it is poss to have HCG still in your body 5 weeks after, i got a v faint positive 6 weeks after mine! the only way to tell would be blood tests i'd reckon to see if the levels are increasing or decreasing... x
  • or waiting a week and repeating the cbd? if you get a 2-3weeks you'll know levels have gone up. not as accurate as a blood test tho.
    Gxx
  • Hi Melanie

First of all I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. I too had a miscarriage 5 weeks ago, and opted for the tablet form of treatment as I was too scared to have the surgery :0(

Bleeding stopped after a week and a half, and me and my hubby decided to start trying straight away. Over the last week or so some of my pergnancy symptoms seem to be returning (sore boobs, fatigue etc.) and I still haven't had a period. I bought a CB test this evening and am going to do the test first thing in the morning. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time... I really hope that I am pregnant and the symptoms aren't just in my head...

I really hope that you get a BFP, good luck and don't forget to let us know how you are getting on. Its nice to hear someone in the same position :0)

Lisa xx
  • Thank you so much for replying, I have been going mad wondering what is going on, I didnt want to take a test but I was thinking I would get a BFN, which would mean that if I then got a BFP later, it would be a true result! But thats gone out the window now, Im just as confused as ever lol.
    It was hard dealing with the miscarriage and I am so confused image
    I think I will leave it a couple of weeks, and see if my time of the month comes. If not, I will take another CBD and see what it says. I am trying to be alot more calm this time round, whether I last 2 weeks or not is another story!
    Thanks again, I will let you know how I get on. Good luck Lisa with your test, fingers crossed, I will be checking back to see how you get on!
    Thanks again
    Melanie xx
  • Hi Melanie

Well I did the test first thing this morning and got a BFN. I am gutted, but I suppose I would have had to be REALLY lucky to get pregnant so quickly after the MC. So I guess its a matter of just waiting and seeing what happens! If AF hasn't come in next couple of weeks I'll do another test to see what happens.
    Good luck!! xx