Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

What do you think?

Right girls, i promised myself that ttc would be completely 'au naturale' until christmas, and only then would i consider using ov sticks and other trickery. So this is my last chance!! And i need your help!! image

I don't really get any ov symptoms, hence im not sure how long my LP or anything is. Since coming off the pill in March, my cycle has been anything from 28-40 days, though usually somewhere in between. Last month 32, one before 33 and one before that 29.

I'm now on CD11, and am trying to work out when we should aim to BD (i don't mean for it to sound so clinical, but im sure you'll understand)! Assuming an LP of anything between 12-16 days, I would need to cover days 13 right through to 21. But aside from the fact i'd be knackered (especially with the jet lag!!) i'd also be worried about not giving hubbie's swimmers chance to properly recuperate!!

So what would you suggest? Every day? Every other day? Concentrate on a couple of days in particular? I know there's no sure-fire answer but would appreciate some advice! My way hasn't done it for us thus far :roll:

Replies

• I'd say guessing you OV on day CD14-17 (ish) try every other day before and after and maybe a couple of days in a row in the middle bit - it only takes one and you'll be hitting the peak times x
  • You didn't use ov sticks or anything did you hun? Did you know when you ov'd or just hoped for the best? I find it so confusing... i was thinking those days too but now thinking maybe 16-18 is more realistic and a couple either side? x
  • hhhm difficult cos my cycles are 32/33 day lengths (so similar to you) and assumed I OVd on or around day 16. However, using OPKs last month pinpointed my OV to CD19!! So could easily have missed that one.

So I would BD every other day from now until around CD20 image

PP84 x
  • hhhm difficult cos my cycles are 32/33 day lengths (so similar to you) and assumed I OVd on or around day 16. However, using OPKs last month pinpointed my OV to CD19!! So could easily have missed that one.

So I would BD every other day from now until around CD20 image

PP84 x
  • Hey PP, how are you? That's the thing, knowing when you ov is a guessing game unless you have the proof!! It's very possible that i ov slightly later in the cycle too - so i want to cover all bases!! But am still woried about the quality of the swimmers if they dont have chance to recover properly - or is that rubbish?! x
  • Hey Wilma - good thanks chick - how are you image
    This TTC malarky is sent to test us right?
    Knowing when you OV does help for sure - perhaps next month (if no BFP this month) it would be worth investing in some OPKS. I got mine from amazon and got a clear +ve strip on CD19!
    Your hubbys swimmers will be fine if you try and stick to the every other day rule....it'll give them chance to recover and the quality shouldn't be affected.
    However, thats not to say if you do do it every day around OV the swimmers will be affected - its just advised to go for the every other day method!!

Good luck hun x x x
  • I did use OV sticks but never got a +ve one (ebay cheapies grrr) but I'd been charting my cycles for a while and they were all over the place (wedding stress) 26-36 days. before that roughly 28 and first AF post wedding was after a 28 day cycle. I BD'd CD 11 12 and 13 but then not again til CD 17 (hubby on loads of late night shifts) I got BFP on CD27 (of what I'm guessing was a 28 day cycle) as long as your hitting at least some of your fertile days you're in with a shot (I got a sharp pain where I think my left Ovary is on CD14 as well but no EWCM to speak of - dunno if that's any help at all

xxx
  • Susiee- I think the day off is just to replenish reserves- for example if a man doesnt release them for a few days they tend to build up (cos they are producing all the time) so BD everyday will mean a smaller concentration- but Drs are divided on this

• susiee - Mich rounds that up nicely!

I think Wilma - to cover all eventualities just start BDing now every other day at least until CD20. If you do OV mid-cycle then even now some of the swimmers may be hanging around (as your CD12 today) but if you OV later on (like me) then by bding every other day for a few days past 'mid' cycle, your covering your back!

Just go with the flow my lovely - if you are feeling in the mood but you did it last night - so what, go for it! image))

xxx
  • Thanks ladies, i suppose what will be will be anyway!! Will go for every other day and hope for the best...

Susie - hope Mich helped!! There's so much conflicting advice you just never know what to believe! x
  • Hi Wilma just wanted to add that if you keep a note of your first day of your period i.e the date you can track your fertility on dr amy website.

Its www.dramy.co.uk - i go on there and put in my last period date and it calculates roughly when I will be ovulating, best time to test etc. I swear by it but also I am only on month 1 so we will wait and see...........hoping for a xmas BFP and I have a 35 day cycle roughly for last 4 months so assuming they stay the same they say time between af and ovulation is roughly 2 weeks. I think so anyway because I get confused too lol anyway nice to have you back hun x
  • Thanks SD, i'll give that website a go (though might be best i wait til i get home or the work webmaster'll have a fit!). I hope we both get our xmas bfp's chick!! x