Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Tummy Ache

:cry::cry::cry:

I am so fed up, in the last couple of hours i have just gone from this image to this :\?:\(

I have had a belly ache right at the bottom of my stomach into my lady bits for the past couple of days. I am now 6dpo. I am worried, my docs used to tell me a belly ache usually means something.

The thing is when i go to see them they do a pregnancy test and other stuff and then tell me to take pain killers and if it doesn't go away they MAY book me in for some tests!!!

It just seems so pointless but i am just fed up now of the stomach ache.

My symptoms are gas, feeling full easily, being bloated, abdom pain. Last time i went to the docs it said on a poster if you have these symptoms please tell a doc. It was advertising cervical or ovarian cancer.

I told my doc and i just got a "oh god not another hypochondriac" look!!!

Should i book a docs appt tomorrow?

Thanks, Tink xx

Replies

• Hi Tink do you suffer from IBS, reason I ask is I do and the symptoms are the same as what you are experiencing normally with stomach cramps too.

Are you particularly stressed? that could also have an impact on your body too.

xx
  • you kmow sparling diamond i was goin to say exactly the same thing. i do a bit as well and it sounds like it. kicks up if im stressed or ate rich food.

hun did you say you had been out for food today.xxx
  • Yes i have been out for food. I have never been diagnosed with IBS but my mum has it. She told me that you cant take anything for it so i just decided never to go to the docs. Could that be it?

I do need the "toilet" a lot when i feel like this.

xx
  • sounds like it me hun, i stopped eating a lot of things that would flare it up it was just easier that way.xxx
  • I am just googling it now!!! It would make sense and settle my mind if it was that. Do i need the docs to diagnose it or anything?xx
  • not sure hun, it was my doc that said to me thats what i had, but i had no idea just kept going to her with tummy problems. probably wouldnt hurt to make an appointment.xxx
  • Hi hun, have had IBS since I was 17 and am now 30 touch wood I havent had an attack since Sept 2005! when I somehow managed to get myself mixed up in attending a wedding and a hen night both on the same day and didnt want to let anyone down so said I would go to both. Anyway I ended up at the wedding, doubled over in the church in excruciating pain in my stomach and had to leave the ceremony and wait outside....also I never got to stay at the reception my mam sent me home in a taxi!! Morale of the story am never going to let myself get so stressed out ever again) however I did think the stress of the wedding would bring on an attack but it never reared its ugly head!! Thank god!!

Anyway buscopan is the best ibs tablet around it will ease your cramps, bloatedness and take away your windy city lol!

Hope that info helps (ps sorry for the story but there is a point in there somewhere) x
  • Hi hun, have had IBS since I was 17 and am now 30 touch wood I havent had an attack since Sept 2005! when I somehow managed to get myself mixed up in attending a wedding and a hen night both on the same day and didnt want to let anyone down so said I would go to both. Anyway I ended up at the wedding, doubled over in the church in excruciating pain in my stomach and had to leave the ceremony and wait outside....also I never got to stay at the reception my mam sent me home in a taxi!! Morale of the story am never going to let myself get so stressed out ever again) however I did think the stress of the wedding would bring on an attack but it never reared its ugly head!! Thank god!!

Anyway buscopan is the best ibs tablet around it will ease your cramps, bloatedness and take away your windy city lol!

Hope that info helps (ps sorry for the story but there is a point in there somewhere) x
  • you know sd its probably been that long since i had an attack.lol. it was just before i fell preg with lo and during preg and since ive been great. touch wood.lol
  • I know angel100 its not a nice thing to experience and as for pregnancy well its my first lol but I imagine that will be quite painful (am trying not to think too far ahead) into it all tho and concentrate on my BFP!! Baby dust *** x
  • hun, i was fine while i was actually pregnant. i hoping it will be fine again this time round but with lo to run after im not so sure.lol
  • Well i have been VV stressed this week no thanks to British Gas so it could explain a lot! I think i will make that docs appt and just speak to them about it!

Thank you guys, i know my mum has it but she has never once said maybe i have it. I went onto NHS website and i have the symptoms so i am convinced it is that now so off to the docs i go!!!

xx
  • Hi Tink
    Sounds like what I had for a while last year. Was writing dissertation and it freaked me out. Doc recommended to cut out wheat for a bit. Did that for abt.4weeks and felt amazing after that. Never came back, so perhaps you want to try that
    xx
  • Hi Tink - would defo echo what the other girls have said re: IBS.
    My IBS symptons are belly ache, usually under my ribs near diaphragm area, trapped gas (i can hear it when I push my tummy in) and sometimes constipation. Please don't stress yourself out re: cancer - stupid posters do nothing but encourage panic. So long as you have smear tests you'll be fine (although think your under 25 so you prob wont have had one yet).

Stress is the biggest factor with IBS, followed closely by eating the wrong food types. I for one have to avoid onions and apples - something to do with the pH level! any spicy food can normally trigger it off too!

The thing i've found with tummy issues is that if the doctor can't find an answer, they usually will just group you in the IBS category. It's well worth asking for a coeliac test to see if you are allergic to wheat or gluten. If your not, then keep a food diary and note down any days where you feel rough and see if you can spot a correlation between what you are eating and when you feel ill.

Chin up chick - if it's IBS you can control it. Try and relax, especially when TTC as it won't help you get pregnant and will just make your tummy pain worse.

xxx
  • Hi Tink!

I'm a self-diagnosed IBS sufferer (I was sitting in a lecture one day listening to all the symptoms and realised I had them all!)

I've had a couple of 'attacks' over the past few weeks, I think it's because I'm totally stressing myself out with this whole baby-making thing. Yestereday I had to run out of the room twice to go to the toilet where I had really sore abdonimal cramps (not too dissimilar to period pain but much worse) almost like a great pressure down below. All this was followed by a MASSIVE toilet explosion (sorry TMI!!!!)

As I said, think this has been triggered by the stresses and strains of 'the wonders of conception'!

Hope this helps

xxx
  • My hubby has IBS and has been alot better since removing red meat and dairy from his diet. Oh and alcohol. Poor bloke!! He drinks that Beck Blue, non alcoholic stuff!

He got it so bad that he was in hospital with dehydration as within 20 minutes of eating he was on the loo (so sorry!! Lol).

He's so much better now, but when it does come back he has dioralyte to keep his levels up.

Hope you feel better soon hun xx