Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

It's No Good!!

Sorry bit of a rant/plea for advice!

I know that we would be ok money wise if we had a baby now, I have spent ages doing research into benefits etc, we wouldn't be very well off but we would have enough to get by. Hubby doesn't agree, he doesn't understand that we would actually be eligable for a fair amount and just looks at his salary and forgets that I do actually bring something into the income too. I do understand he wants everything to be perfect (though he really put me on a guilt trip saying he didn't want to 'ruin it' for the baby, indicating that I do!) but he won't listen when I (or anyone else for that matter!) tell him we'll be ok.

Obviously i'm not going to go into the ins and outs of our finances-its a bit complicated but I would just like some advice on how I can bring him round to the idea, if I try to talk to him about it he gets annoyed with me and just shuts off. He does let me go on about babies and stuff in general and will look at anything I show him on the net so it's not all bad I suppose. Just feel really blue about it all atm image

Sorry for ranting!

Replies

• try entitledto.co.uk, this shhld give u a rough figure of money that u cld then pitch to him to work oout how u wld or wldn't be better of. also tho do stress to him that if everyone waitd until timing was absolutely perct the human race wld've died off centuries ago lol xx
  • I have tried showing him those sites but he's not having any of it. Moneyformums is another good site. He says that when he gets a new job we can think about it but I just know that when he does he'll still say we don't have enough. It's like talking to a brick wall.
  • Im sorry honey-thats a bit what we're going through right now. I think the men folk feel a bit under pressure to be able to do everything-like two income living standard but i know my OH would love for me to be able to stay at home with baby which is something we just wont do for lots of reasons.
    Im going to have a look at that entitled to website thouogh, i had never heard of it before.

• I found entitledto a bit confusing so tend to use moneyformums. I like the benefit calculator on there. I might just bring up how much we would be entitled to and leave the computer in an obvious place!