Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

EXCUSES

Ok girls, i am 7dpo and getting some kinda promising symptoms but i have a night out tomorrow night. can anyone come up with some good excuses that i wil not be drinking. Now usually i would still have a little tipple just limit myself to 2 glasses but i poured out a glass tonight and i nearly threw up so dont even think i can nurse a drink to get me through the night.xx

Replies

• Hi angel100 - say you are on antibiotics for a viral infection, that usually works for me if i really dont want to drink and need an excuse xx
  • maybe say you're on antibiotics and can't drink? Ooooor fib and say you had one too many tonight and aren't in the mood...
  • Antibiotics, you can have anything you like for the night :lol:image or early start Sunday morning want to keep a clear head x
  • girls thanks for the reply but one them is close family so be hard to pull it off although i had wandered bout taking her to the side and letting her know. we werent telling anyone but i think i could trust her to be discreet.
  • You could just be honest and say you don't fancy drinking and that maybe you are coming down with something... Pregnancy :lol: but you can keep that bit to yourself and just say 'something' x
  • lol.lol.lol. i went to party once on my 2ww and just kept loosing my drink.lol. but we out tomorrow night so not as easy in a pub.xx
  • I always use i had far too many last night and the smell of a drink is too much for me lol :lol::lol:

I am off out tonight too i am only 3DPO so thinking ill have a couple imageimage

Saying that i feel rather sick this morning :cry::cry:
  • mj, i feel really sick this morning and last night. usually i would still have a couple but for some reason i really cant face it, hope its my body trying to tell me something.lol
  • Hi angel100! I'm off out tonight too and I'm torn between

a) saying I'll drive as the weather is so awful it'll save us waiting for a taxi at the end of the night!
    b) saying I've had a bit of cystitis / a urine infection and I'm on antibiotics so can't drink - this would also explain why I wouldn't be drinking diet coke too - trying to limit my caffiene!

It's a bloody minefield isn't it?! I'm such a cr*p liar too, I'm convinced they'll see straight through it - I have known these girls since I was 7!!

MJ1986, those symptoms sound promising! Are you going to POAS next Sunday too? I think there's a few of us now who will be testing then, fingers crossed for everyone! xx
  • i know mrs robertson. im really close to one of the girls and we have always talked of having another baby so im sure they will see right through me and if they ask outright i will find it hard to keep a straight face.ha.xx
  • this post makes me feel very lucky - I hardly ever drink as it is, and ALWAYS drive when I go out, so I need never have to worry about making excuses!

But, angel100, I'd go for antibiotics to all of them, and if you feel like confiding in one then do. We started out not telling anyone, but as time has gone on (and on and on and on!) we've told more and more people!

xxx
  • I've been saved from having to make an excuse!! One of my friends is poorly so we're just going to go round to one of the girls' houses and have a bite to eat. I'm just going to take the car! I'm sooooo pleased as we're not ready to tell people we're trying and I'm so bad at lying! x
  • that good mrs robertson saves you having to make up lies.lol.

well im feeling a little better so have decided i will have a glass maybe at a push and just kinda nurse them and hope that nobody notices. wish me luck.lol
  • that good mrs robertson saves you having to make up lies.lol.

well im feeling a little better so have decided i will have a glass maybe at a push and just kinda nurse them and hope that nobody notices. wish me luck.lol