Forum home Babies Baby

Gripe water?!

Have been giving my lo gripe water for 2 days and he hates it he makes awful faces bless him. So i dont want him to associate feeding with this awful stuff.. Have decided to try putting it in his actual bottle from tonight and was just wondering if any other mummies have done this?
I cant see any reason why...

Replies

• I have no idea hunny! I never used gripe water, but I thought it had to go in first, (before the milk) rather than at the same time? I don't think it would harm your LO, but it might mean it doesn't work as well? Also - it might just make the whole bottle taste bad!

Have you tried using infracol (or similar) instead? LO may prefer the taste and it smells yummy!

xxx
  • I have no idea hunny! I never used gripe water, but I thought it had to go in first, (before the milk) rather than at the same time? I don't think it would harm your LO, but it might mean it doesn't work as well? Also - it might just make the whole bottle taste bad!

Have you tried using infracol (or similar) instead? LO may prefer the taste and it smells yummy!

xxx
  • I added it to the milk a few times as it was easier than giving it to lo first, but then there were times when he didn't drink all of his milk so I didn't know how much of it he actually got! x
  • thanks for replies i did put in milk and he drank all or nearly most of bottles and have not had any problems yet touchwood...
    Nikki i used to give him infacol as allowed to from birth and he hated this more bless him, his little face....
    xxx
  • I always put it in with the bottle tbh, and personally I actually think it tastes quite nice LOL!
    Never had any problems this way, but i didn't add it until just before feeding, I never added it in advance to the water.
  • we only use gripe water on the dummy to send LO off to sleep in brill for that if i do have to give a dose i o it on a little plastic baby spoon and he slips it off..in a fashion..with it down his face but he love it image we use infacol b4 to night feeds tho its really helped with the wind xxx