Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

AF is 2 days late

and I took a test yesterday and BFN (again) I really need to STOP testing as I keep getting BFN and I'm gutted!!! I am getting some cramping but not really noticing any other signs of Preg.

Has anyone used the Pretest strips? They say you can test early with them and I have done but now I keep thinking well I am probably not preg and I'm just waiting impatiently for AF to show up so I can start trying again!

Anyone else with me on this?

Replies

• Hi DDS

Correct me if I've misunderstood, but was it you that was testing with ebay cheapies??

If so, and with AF being two days late - I would recommend you get another test. Maybe a Superdrug or a First Response.

In my experience the ebay cheapies are total and utter carp!! They didn't pick up my pregnancy in January (First Response & Reveal (chemist own brand) did)

But they did show a positive when there was absolutely no way I could have been pregnant in March as I took a test before ov out of curiosity as to whether they were a load of carp!!

Go get another test - a decent one and if that's neg then sit and impatiently wait for AF ;\)
  • Hi Lilylilac - yes it was me who was testing with ebay cheapies (the first time I was preg I tested with superdrug own brand and they showed pos straight away)

They do sound a bit crap - not picking up your preg when you are and saying your preg when your not!!

I'm going to sainsburys on dinner and I'm going to get myself a decent test and test tomorrow morning unless AF shows up.

• Hi Lilylilac - yes it was me who was testing with ebay cheapies (the first time I was preg I tested with superdrug own brand and they showed pos straight away)

They do sound a bit crap - not picking up your preg when you are and saying your preg when your not!!

I'm going to sainsburys on dinner and I'm going to get myself a decent test and test tomorrow morning unless AF shows up.

• Sounds like a plan DDS - don't get me wrong, I've heard some ladies on here have had a successful + ebay cheapie - but in my experience they were rubbish, and I know lots of other ladies on here say the same...

I'll be waiting for your BFP post...also with AF being 2 days late you *shouldn't* need to wait for FMU....
  • thats tempting me to do the test at work this afternoon Lilyliacimage hehe
  • I am the devil in disguise you know :lol:

Seriously though - I'm pretty sure there was someone recently who tested ON the day AF was due with afternoon wee and got a +
  • I am sure the last time I tested when I was pg last year I was almost 5 weeks late and I did it in the afternoon and got a BFP!!

Aaargh I am indecisive - test this afternoon?? Test tomorrow morning?? I dunno!
  • If my AF was two days late I wouldn't be worrying bout the time of day I was testing tbh...

Also Sainsburys 2 pack of tests is around ??4.75...so quite reasonable really..

So you could test this afternoon and again in the morningimage
  • Hi,
    I'll be interested to see what your test result is..
    I am now 3 days late, did a test with CBD yesterday and it was BFN. So now I am convinced I am not pg even though I seemt o have lots of symptoms and no sign of AF. Is it possible to have a negative result 2 days late and still be pg?
    I wish you lots of luck, keep us posted! x
  • wow i would defo test this afternoon lol but i love to POAS too new hobbie of mine lol :lol::lol:

hope to see a BFP post soon eek!!!!

http://lt1f.lilypie.com/qs0s.png

• Oh I'll prob get the sainsbury ones then and see what they say. I don't want to waste too much money on HPT's.
    Becks you could still be preg, I wouldn't give up hope until AF comes. Good luck hun and I'll post once I have done tests
  • I am thinking of going to buy some at lunch. Might test tomorrow morning... x
  • becks test this afternoon with me - might be lucky!!! I am getting some really horrible pains, like period type pains - so I was thinking maybe test tomorrow - arrgh - i wanna know if i am pg or not - driving me mad!!
  • Becks - CBD aren't as sensitive as the sainsburys/superdrug/first response tests - I'd test with a regular test if I were you...

DDS - do the test :lol:
  • Lilylilac I did a sainsburys own brand test and got BFN :'-(
    I have decided I am going to wait until Monday next week if AF hasn't showed up to do another test. What a bummer!
  • I just did a superdrug one - BFN!!
    I'm going to leave it until saturday and test again then if no sign of AF. Grrr!!! I just want to know one way or another! x
  • OMG! I'm so surprised DDS - great list of symptoms too image
    Same for you Becks!!

Sorry to have pushed the testing route now image
  • Arrrr Becks - how gutting is it to get BFN? I am defo not trying until next week - good luck xx
  • I know, I am so gutted. Even if I am not preg I would rather just know one way or another!
  • same here! at least if AF shows then I can start trying again! When was AF due Becks?