Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What does lol mean!

Not very good with this internet stuff!!
When someone writes a message and puts lol, what does it mean!

Replies

• Options
    I think it means Laughing out Loud!!
    Took me a while to work it out! xxxx
  • Options
    Thanks Tasha!!
    I thought it meant lots of love, but it didn't make sense with some of the posts!
    How is Amber and Ethan, hope they are ok.
    I put Jessica on cows milk today as we had used the last of the powder and i wasn't going to buy some more for the sake of a couple of weeks,

Chat soon
    Simone x
  • Options
    Morning Simone

Amber seems much better today and Ethans fine thanks, he was an absolute angel over the weekend while i was busy with Amber.

I started giving Ethan cows milk in the day at 10 1/2 months when he started dropping breastfeeds as i didn't want to introduce formula for just a couple of months. He was fine on it.

Have a good day
    Tasha xx
  • Options
    Hi Simone,

You are not the only one for a while i thought it meant lots of love and thought that was strange!! Hubby told me what it was. I am useless with all the abbreviations. Even now i'll read something and think well that makes no sense to me at all, i'm glad i'm not on my own!!
  • Options
    Ok, as we're on the abbreviations, what does AF mean? Might sound stupid, but I cant work it out.
    Can anyone shed a bit of light for me?
    Thanks
    KAS XX
  • Options
    No don't know that one either or BFN!
  • Options
    I've not got a clue. I didn't know what SAHM ment until someone kindly put it in brackets after it and also mil and sil, that suddenly clicked it ment in laws when reading a post. I don't use abbreviations so like you guys I guess some posts look like they are in a secret code!!!
  • Options
    Ok what does SAHM mean!
  • Options
    Stay at home mum.
  • Options
    I might go onto the trying to concieve posts and ask them there
  • Options
    That's a good idea, i'll keep an eye on both waiting for a reply. It's quite frustrating when you read a post and don't fully understand what's being said.
  • Options
    definitely. i can guess most, but some i just dont understand or cant work out at all.
    Ive posted in trying to conceive.
  • Options
    We may have to wait until tomorrow, nobody seems to be going on the trying to conceive. Maybe that's because they are busy!!!!!
  • Options
    hi all, well just found out that AF means Auntie Flo (apparently means period) afraid Id never heard of that before.

Oh, and BFN means Big Fat Negative.
    kas xx
  • Options
    You are not the only one Kas. It's a new one for me.
  • Options
    Thanks girls i would NEVER have worked that out!!

I read one of the posts yesterday and it was complete gibberish to me!

Hope you're all well xxx
  • Options
    Ok, just seen the long list of abbreviations Trish has posted in the ttc forum!

Well, i challenge us to write a message with the most abbreviations in (that still makes sense)!!!!
  • Options
    I will try at some point, but i will have to write them down first, as there is no way i will remember them!
  • Options
    Yep me too, wonder if i can print them out and stick them on the computer?!

BFN!! x