Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

FAO Bronz1010

Hi,
I've tried to reply to your Q about OPK's 3 times but BE keeps eating my reply!

I'm using the CB digital ones as they give you a smiley face taking the guess work out of deciding how dark your line is on the other sort.
They've bloomin expensive though - over ??20 for 7 and I'm down to my last one today and still no smiley yet.

If we don't have any luck this month I'm tempted to get a CBFM for next month x

Replies

• Hello hun - thank you soooo much for your reply, that is a great help!! I was in Boots earlier having a look at them and trying to decide what to get. They are freaking expensive!! Please tell me, what day in your cycle do you start using them? As you know there are 7 in a box and want to make sure I have enough!! I was also very tempted to get a CBFM, but I think I will givve the OPK's a try first!!
    Good luck hun - hope you get your BFP soon!!
  • Hiya, Im using CBD packs and it is so much less hassle just looking for a smiley face - like MrsFozz has said though - very pricey. I didn't feel I could trust the cheap ones off ebay!!! Started cheapies from CD10, and started CBD's from CD13, but still no smiley face - so maybe its just me :\(

I would start the earlier the better as women vary, some start ov earlier than they should and some start later than they think they should xx
  • Sorry just realised I have posted on the wrong thread, BE keeps deleting my posts - really annoying. sorry again!! xx
  • I couldn't post on the original post either x
    like mrslolly I started early as I didn't want to miss it but as I didn't get my smiley this afternoon I'm going to have to buy another pack grrr! If you go on the clear blue website it will suggest what day they think you should start poas. Mine said to start Monday but as it was the first cycle I started early invade I was an early ovulator x
  • Mrslolly I'm cd17 on a 33 day cycle and still no smiley! Sooooo annoying!
  • Thanks guys for your great messages...you have all been such a great help. I have just been on the clear blue website and it tells me to start testing on 2 Dec which will be day 11!! Yay - not that long to go!! Shame MrsFozz, you off to buy another pack then! Hopefully this is your last you have to buy!! I see I am also going probably going to as my cycles range anything from 28 to 36 days!! Do you test at a particular time in the day? I have read that it is best to test in the afternoon at the same time every day, and do not go for a few hours before hand.
    Sorry for all the questions....this is soooo new to me! I fell pregnant first time with my son so have no idea how hard it actually is to fall pregnant!!
  • Hi Bronz1010, I fell pregnant by accident with my son, so I have no idea about ttc - still learning!!! :lol:

I'm CD15 by the way MrsFozz - Im on 2nd pack now as a couple of days ago had a couple of mishaps with the test sticks - for one I completely forgot to put the test stick into the holder before putting into the urine to test - er, it was too early in the morning & then worked out that I shouldnt be using first morning urine (fmu) but should be doing in the afternoon, so think I have 5 test sticks left of 2nd box!!!!! ggrrr xx
  • I've been testing in the afternoon but I can't hold it in for 4 hours like the instructions tell you to. Most of what I've read on the net says that you get your surge in the day but I know some ladies on here have tested in the morning with fmu and got their smileys x
  • I think thats whats bothering me, is that I have seen posts by other ladies on here and on yayw where they have used fmu and still got a pos testing - but i guess we are all different!! Thanks for reassuring me xx
  • I think thats whats bothering me, is that I have seen posts by other ladies on here and on yayw where they have used fmu and still got a pos testing - but i guess we are all different!! Thanks for reassuring me xx