Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

FAO xxxkayxxx

I didn't wana bust in on EmmaA's post but wanted to say hi as your experience is almost spot on to mine!

I found out in was 6 weeks preg at the beg of june, had a scan at 6 1/2 weeks, 7 1/2 & 8 1/2 weeks where we saw beans hb, i too found out at our 12 week sacn that bean had died at about 8 weeks and had med managment in hospital. I passed everything that day and lucikly didn't have mcuh pain, in fact i was in more pain the day after! Are baby too was planned and we were ttc for about 10 months. We are now on cycle 3 ttc again - my cycles have been a bit long since as my body's taken a while to adjust.

So anyways, just to say hi really! and that things do definitely get better! well easier anyway. I still feel v bitter when i hear of anyone i know getting pg and different times of the month are harder. If you don't mind me asking, apart from the pain how did you find the med management? not many people on here have had it? i chose it because i don;t come round very well after operations and it scared me. I would like to hope that i'd never be unforunate enough to have a mc/mmc again but i'm not sure i could handle that experinece again...

xxx

[Modified by: rocky_kiz on 25 November 2009 13:25:17 ]

Replies

• hiya thank you for your message and really sorry to hear about your loss hun
    i only had the oral part of the medical management it worked within a few hours of taking it so i didnt need the vaginal tablets. id had pain and bleading for a few days before the tablet and was really painfull.1000x worse than period pains and bleeding was really heavy i have to to a pg test at the end of the week and jus hope its negative. do want to ttc again but jus really scared of this happening again . feel so empty now xxx

[Modified by: xxxkayxxx on November 25, 2009 04:05 PM]

• have you stopped bleeding? if not and it's not negative don't worry too much as it takes a while for the levls to go down. i stopped bleeding a wk later and still had a +ive test 10 days after mc but it slowly got lighter as my gp advised to repeat every few days, a week is quite soon seeing u (and i) were 12 weeks. xx
  • yeah im still bleeding but its getting alot lighter now ...well the baby was 8wks 4days when it died but i didnt find out till my 12wk scan,(they couldnt find the heartbeat ) i had no symtoms of mc and everything had been fine it was a shock and very devestating as id seen the babys heartbeating at a scan i had at 6wks ( gp got my dates confused so hospital thought i was futher along ) xxx
  • Ditto, our bean died at 8+5 and i too had no symptoms and had seen it's hb image scary how similar our stories are! xx
  • Yeah very similar hun. how are you? hopefully will be going back to work in the next few days dreading it if im honest though! when you mc did they send the baby to be tested because mine has and im really worried about the results ? when would you advise to try again ? i think i would like to try again as soon as i can although i am scared too as i wouldnt want to go through this again. !:\?
  • The first day will most def be the worst! but it was so much easier after that! i went back on a weds so i only had 3 days which i think helped and we have flexi time so my boss let me leave early on those days as well! They did send off for tests yes but nothing came back - they only let you know if there was a problem - for example a molar preg or something (not sure if you've followed m+s 's story) as my GP said, no news is good news and it was probably just one of those things - could have been the genetic info went wrong or something - when you think how much happens at that early stage it's no wonder how it can go wrong so often!

As for ttc again, everyone on this forum will be scared sweet and i always say that being in here takes away all the excitment when we do get our healthy and successful bFP's cus we'll all be worrying! but it's the only way of getting our families we all want! You have to do what feels right for you. we ttc again straight away and now on 3rd cycle, due to OV at weekend, i would've loved a BFP straight away and it is possible but in hindsight i think a couple of months in betwen has helped with my head (although aBFP would've been fantastic!) i feel in a better place now to cope with it when it happens. Chin up hun, it does get easier!

Are you doing anything nice for xmas? xx
  • yeh your right hun will be hard at first but i should be fine as loadz to do when i go back. nah not doing much 4 xmas havent planned anything havent got nowt to look foward to now.. workin xmas eve n boxing day u? saw gp 2day and now am a lil confused he said you dont have to wait for 1st period to ttc whearas dr i saw last week said to wait til period...and h
    ospital 1 doc said wait and other said can straight away? good look for this month hun xx
  • I know the feeling about xmas - we're all pretty much the same on here with feelings about it! nope, have xmas eve off which i normally work, then back the tues and weds between xmas and new year and then off until 11 jan - have loads of leave left to use up! no u dont have to wait hun it's mainly for dating purposes and a lot recommend it to give your mind and body chance to recover a bit - the way i saw it was that if my body wasn't ready it wouldn't happen! it gave me something to focus on though. and gives you a lil bit of hope each month, don't get me wrong it sucks every month for me for at least 10days when AF shows up but then i have 2 blissful weeks of hope with lots of mad sypmtom spotting! lol. Thanks hun, xx
  • thanks hun things are definately becoming clearer...less confused any way i guess i dont want to take any risks off it happening again if i try too soon.. did u try again straight away? hopefully the pg test will negative and bleading should stop anyday now.im going back to work this monday doc wanted me to stay off another week but i think it will help tryin to get back to normal as it were...just dreading the "are you ok" etc i just no it will bring on the tears . a friend of mine mc in july and is now 15wks pg she also has a 3yr old son whearas my mom mc with her 1st pg and then took her a year ttc my older brother but conceived with me straight away i guess every one is diffrent and whe you have mc it will always play on your mind when ttc and then when you do conceive.well its been 2wks today since i found out i mc friday 13th off aldays so hopefully now things can only get better x
  • u could always explain to your boss before you go back that you'd rather people didn't ask if you don't want them to. My office is quite small and i asked my manger to let everyone know and the couple of people who knew outside of the office that visit every now and again as i didn't want them coming in 2 weeks later and asking how the pg was going - would've upset me and been awkward for them! We did ttc straight away yes - it helped me to focus on something and look forward to something but you have to do what is right for you. xx
  • u could always explain to your boss before you go back that you'd rather people didn't ask if you don't want them to. My office is quite small and i asked my manger to let everyone know and the couple of people who knew outside of the office that visit every now and again as i didn't want them coming in 2 weeks later and asking how the pg was going - would've upset me and been awkward for them! We did ttc straight away yes - it helped me to focus on something and look forward to something but you have to do what is right for you. xx
  • yeh your right . myself and my partner have decided to ttc straight away once the pg is negative hopefully should be when i do it at the w/e and the bleeding has stoped..i am scared / worried but then thats normal after whats happend and how long we ttc first time round ..you must feel the same.and i spose until you have your 1st period you dont no when to expect it. i did stop taking my folic acid when i found out id mc proberly best to start taking it again..my doc also said there is a positive from the mc and that is that i have and can get pg but then even hearing that dont make you feel any better. good look hun.. wishing luck your way xxx

ps.worried bout the babys testing results though:\?
  • it took us 10 months before and it is almost a bit of relief knowing that your body is 'functioning' and giving you chance to try again. def start taking the FA hun i stopped it too it won't do any harm just always remember to take it with or after food! No it certainly doesn't make it any easier - even though we were on month 11 last time i was fine about it, bit worried but not mega but now i have been pg i want it more! it is a good place to start though! Try not to worry hun, the liklihood is that you won't hear anything back - my gp told me they don't bother unless something of a concern shows up and a lot of people don't realise that mc is as common as it is and happens most of the time for no real reason. xx
  • yeh i want it more now too ...sounds bad but it keeps going through my head why did i even get pregnant if it wasnt ment to be jus makes it hurt even more . well just took my FA for today now and will continue with it. not nbleeding as such now its kinda brown in colour is that normal? probely sound stupid
  • not at all! yeah thats fine and means you'll stop totally soon! i get a bit brown at the start of my AF sometimes and always on the last day or so.
  • thank u hun.. hope your ok