Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

sperms meets egg plan

hi everyone, im sure someone posted this on here a few month ago and some of the girls tried it. i am 13dpo and i know af is on her way, so i have decided to get myself a plan of action for next month and was wandering if anyone would like to join me.xxxx

HERE'S THE PLAN

Deanna's Plan

Whether you are trying again after a miscarriage, or frustrated that you can't seem to get pregnant again after a successful pregnancy, this plan is for women who have gotten pregnant in the past, and therefore do not have significant infertility problems that need to be tested and treated. It is also a good plan to try for a first pregnancy if you want to do something serious to increase your chances before finally going in for a doctor visit about fertility.

Even if you have had an easy time getting pregnant in the past, pregnancy tends to change your hormonal makeup, so sometimes timing is not the same as it was before. This plan will ensure that sperm gets to your egg. Whether or not a viable pregnancy results (the odds are about 1 in 4 even if you time it right), is up to nature.

Be prepared for a month of serious loving!

The Plan

"Try" every other night starting Day 8
Buy 10 ovulation predictor kit sticks
Begin ovulation testing on Day 10
When test is positive, "try" that night, plus two additional nights in a row
Skip one night, then do one last "try"
Take a home pregnancy test 15 days after your ovulation test was positive, if your period has not begun
If your ovulation test never goes positive, continue "trying" every other night until Day 35, then do a pregnancy test if your period has not begun.
Statistics coming in from the bulletin board show that about 40% of post-miscarriage women will get pregnant on the first try if they are faithful to the plan, about double the number of the normal population who are not on the plan. This assumes, of course, that you waited for a normal cycle to begin after your loss, and did not begin trying before having a period after a miscarriage. Many women do not ovulate in that first cycle.

I KNOW I WONT BE ABLE TO START FOR ANOTHER 12DAYS BUT I HAVE TO FEEL LIKE IM HEADING FOR SOMETHING THIS MONTH.XXXX

Replies

• Hi,

I was trying this, but discovered this morning that I've possibly ov'd 5 days earlier than I thought and didn't pick it up properly on the ov stick!

I like doing it as it gave me a focus. I'll carry on anyway, just in case, but it's definately been fun doing it!!

[Modified by: arls0308 on November 26, 2009 09:39 AM]

• Af not due til 9th Dec (at a guess!!) but if she arrives, i'll be giving this a go next month!! So you will be a little way ahead of me, but it would nice to see how you get on - and if you hvae any tips!! x
  • OMG angel i was just coming on here to ask where i could find this as i am tempted to try it out this month if OH is up for it!!!

xx
  • Hopefully i should be OVing in 2 weeks so i will definitely give it a go!!! Be good exercise too image

xx
  • Sorry to comment AGAIN but do you think it is ok that i am using a CBFM so i might not be able to start testing at CD10 but i can BD every other night and then when i get my peak do what it says!!! x
  • i think so hun. ive just read the site again and it says, either to use opk's or continue with your "ovulation computer" so you should be fine.

i probably wont start opk till about day 12 coz i dont ov till nearly day22.xxx
  • Hey ladies i gave this agop this month i bded every other day from CD8 then on CD18 when i got pos OV stick i did that night next night BUT not the following night as OH was out but we BD in the moring instead!!!! then left it a day then BD again!!!! imageimageimage

I am due AF on the 2nd Dec bu have had loads of symtoms but they are prob all in my head LOL :lol::lol:

I hope it work ladies imageimageimage
  • I printed this off yesterday and took it home for my OH to read. We're definitely giving this a go this month!! And the OH has no objections at all as lots of BD'ing involved!! :lol::lol:

Good luck ladies imageimageimage
  • Thank you soooo much Angel!! We will def be giving it a try this month, well next week actually!! My OH alss has absolutely no objections - specially as lots of BD'ing is involved!!
    Good luck to all of us!!! xx
  • BE just ate my reply - Grrrr!!
    Thank you sooooo much Angel - this is excellent, we will def be giving it a try this month!!
    OH also has no objections as plenty BD'ing is involved!!
    Good luck ladies...keep us all posted!! xx
    Thank you sooooo much Angel - this is excellent, we will def be giving it a try this month!!
    Thank you sooooo much Angel - this info is excellent, we will def be giving it a try this month, well actually will start next week!!
  • oh also doesnt complain,lol. we usually bd a couple of time till about cd12 then we end up bd nearly everyday till about cd25, i think we actually doing it too much and maybe his swimmers arent as strong as they should be so thought this would be a good way to try, good luck girls hope it works for us all.

mj hope it already has for you.xxxxx
  • i think i ' without knowing about this plan' did this this month. I am currently 5 dpo so watch this space, with a bit of luck we have made the sperm meet the egg this month!!!
    anna xx
  • hi ladies - just wanted to share that I tried this plan this month - and just got my BFP yesterday!!. I'm a first time tryer, so not really who its aimed at but thought why not,

If it helps what we did was BD every other day from CD8, till CD15 when I got a smiley using the digital ovulation kit. We then went for it every day CD15/16/17, Didnt quite make the one day break, ended up BD one last time on CD20 and that was it. AF was due on Monday, tested on Thursday and got the positive! Good luck ladies and lots of baby dust xx
  • ooh thanx mtschuckle, will def give it a go and hoe we get the same result as you.xxxxxxxxx
  • Yesterday was my CD 8 so have officially started the sperm meets egg plan!! Wishing you all lots of luck and sending baby dust your way xx

http://lt1f.lilypie.com/7yMv.png

• I'm definitely giving this a go! Not due af for another couple of weeks after which we will officially start ttc, so we are in training at the moment ;\) then next cycle we will be following it to the letter! It will be our first cycle of ttc since the mmc in September so I have all my fingers and toes crossed!!
  • I think I did this plan anyway without knowing it!!! Hopefully we have done it. Fingers crossed xx