Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Feeling so impatient

I posted earlier this week to say I unfortunately had a m/c at 6 weeks on Monday just gone. I know I have to wait a cycle before trying again and that might mean not trying until January at the earliest. I just don't know how to deal with my feelings of impatience. I just want to wish the whole of xmas away at the moment and I know it's crazy as it's only a month but right now it feels like forever. Any one else felt the same and is it really important to wait a cycle? My doctor told me it's because it makes working out due date easier if you fall pregnant again.

Replies

• I am sorry for your loss. It is a hard time. We lost our lo 3 weeks ago, but I am slowly getting better.

They will evaluate your due date at your 12 week scan. I know they say to wait a period, but if it is only for dating purpose, I would not wait. image There are a lot of people falling pregnant before they have had a period after coming of the pill, after having a mc. They will have a bit of trouble dating you, but that is also the case with people with long cycles, and such.
    o make it slighty easier you can do a clearblue digital after you find out your pregnant again and use that as a guideline to how far along you are. It is not very precise, but it gives you an idea.

Again, this is only if waiting is recommended because of dating purpose. If there is another reason, I wouldn't continu. But if you continu I would make sure you get a negative test before you start again, it just makes sure that if you do get a positive result you know it is a new pregnancy and not left over from the last.
  • Hi Emma,

Really sorry to hear about your loss. I know it seems like a long time before you'll be pregnant again but the chances are, it won't be. At first I just desperately wanted to be pregnant again and I think this is more than just the emotional shock, it's your body just wanting to be pregnant again. I found that after a few weeks I felt a little better and whilst I'm still desperate for children, it isn't as bad.

I'd also echo what Breighlin says, if there weren't any complications and the doctor only wants you to wait until your first period for dating purposes, then I know a lot of women don't wait (and I didn't).

I'm now on cycle 4 post miscarriage and I must admit I think it was for the best that I didn't fall pregnant straight away as it gave me time to grieve for the first baby.

Becky x
  • Thanks for your thoughts and so sorry to hear about your losses too. It's reassuring to feel I'm not the only one who can't wait to be pregnant again. I am just missing it so much (cries)
  • *hugs* Emma. It does get easier, I promise. I had no idea how I was going to pull through at first (I mced at 10 weeks in August) but I did. I know I won't be happy until I'm pregnant again, and at least 12 weeks!

Are you going to take the month's break?

• Thanks Beccaroo. I think I am going to wait a month as it really isn't that long and I guess I do need the chance to recuperate. Hope it happens again soon for you too!