Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

so proud

I am so proud of my little Molly, she has self weaned off the breast at 14 months image

I am a little sad also since i won't breastfeed again but am so proud that she decided when SHE has had enough.

it is amazing when they hit the 1 year stage how quickly they change and grow up!

She has grown into such a beautiful little lady!

Sorry pointless post but wanted to share x x

Replies

• Options
    Aw, she's growing up quickly! It's amazing that you bf for so long and let her choose when to wean herself off, you should be so proud of yourself.

xxx
  • Options
    Congratulations, you have every right to be proud of yourself and Molly, you've done a great job. It's obviously the right thing for both of you that she's finished now, so hopefully it makes it a little easier emotionally!

• Options
    thanks girls, my son breastfed for 11 months and i really wanted Molly to reach the year mark and was pleased when she went past it. She is my last baby so a little sad also but know that i have given her a great start in life.

I just have to remember not to take in the extra calories now!!! No excuse for not starting the diet now either :lol:

x x
  • Options
    Aww that's so lovely to read. Especially as I'm hoping my lo (8 months) will do the same. My son was also bf until 11 months but I had to stop due to hyperemesis during my second pregnancy. I was so sad! I would like to bf Nina for a year, or a little longer and so so want her to self wean rather than have to wean her off myself.

Well done Molly! x