Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Pineapple?!?!

Hey Ladies,

Have seen on the internet that eating/drinking fresh pineapple can help implantation, does anyone know if this is true or a load of tosh?!?!
xx

Replies

• There was a post on this last week. Im drinking a carton of pineapple juice a day and see if this helps during 2ww, as apparently this assists implantation - no harm either way. xx
  • I've nopt heard of that - I've heard about pinapple helping to bring on labour, but not do the opposite. I'll have a google...

Although won't do you any harm anyway
  • I have heard that Grapefruit juice up until ov increases ewcm and then pineapple juice in the 2ww helps implantation x
  • here's what I found online:

"Pineapple contains selenium...and selenium (an anti-oxident) helps promote a healthy womb lining which is why it is thought to aid implantation. Pineapple also contains an enzyme called bromelain which is contraindicated during pregnancy as it may cause uterine contractions (many people, especially in Asian cultures, suggest eating fresh pineapple to induce labour if overdue)....however, during processing this delicate enzyme is destroyed which is why its ok to drink pineapple juice in moderation when ttc or pg but not to eat fresh pineapple/pineapple pieces etc ."