Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I should know better! (Update - I really should!!

Okay, this is going to seem silly - especially as I already have a little girl and should know better!

We are trying for number 2, and yesterday I did a Tesco own pg test.
Now I didn't leave it 3 minutes ( I know I am stupid!) but with dd it showed up positive straight away and that was testing early with a CBD. Anyway, I looked after 30secs/1 min, no line and threw it in the bin. Didn't think any more of it.
Then today I emptied the bin, and there is a line. Now, is that an evap line??? I don't have a clue what an evap line is???

Any advice muchly welcome!

Good luck and babydust to all xxx

[Modified by: dappytart on 05 December 2009 11:33:26 ]

Replies

• Options
    An evap line is a second line that comes up after the test has been left longer than time you need to check in. I would not take this as a Positive. I would get another test and try it again and this time wait until the whole 3 mins have passed to check before throwing it into the bin x
  • Options
    That's what I thought if I'm being honest, I don't 'feel' pg and didn't think we had done it but just got a bit of a suprise when I emptied the bin - wishful thinking perhaps!!! lol

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to such a ridiculous question - I really should know better!
  • Options
    Di the line have any colour or was it grey? If grey it was probably an evap but if it had some colour....!
    Have you any more tests? If so I'd try with fmu tomorrow.
    Good luck!
    H.xxx
  • Options
    Good Luck hope its your BFP xx
    gems
    http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/36/3626/362670.png

Month 16 TTC #2
  • Options
    Hope its a BFP in the morning!
    H x
    http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/36/3614/361413.png

• Options
    It bloody well was!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BFP this morning!!!!!

Can't quite believe it - spent 10 months trying with dd and caught first time with this one!!! We weren't even 'properly trying' and I thought it was a no go as we didn't even bd at what I though would be the right time, just a couple of days before!!!!! We were gonna try properly in the new year as I didn't want to be sick for Kittys first christmas!!!!! (I was really sick last time!!!!)

Cor blimey. I'm still in shock. Sent hubbie out for more tests. Please let it be sticky and most definately NOT a false positive!!!!

God, we're gonna need a bigger house!!!!

dh and I just keep looking at eachother and saying "Oh my god"!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    can just picture your faces :\) congratulations on such a lovely surprise x
  • Options
    Ahh congratulations thats fantastic news!!! Well done xx
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Congratulations!! Thats brilliant!!
    H.xxx
  • Options