Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

CBFM help after MC

I also posted this in TTC after MC. Thanks for everyone who replied there but I am still a bit confused. I posted on here a few weeks ago to say I sadly had a MC at 6 weeks. We are hoping to start ttc again after my next AF which I am hoping will be here by end of the month or early January. I just wondered if I need to reset my CBFM at that stage as if I am a new user - so start the machine from scratch as it were- or should I just set it to day 1 like normal? Is there any problem in just setting it as if it's day 1 rather than wiping out the memory by doing a total reset?

Replies

• That's a really good question. Personally I wouldn't do a major reset, would be a shame to wipe out the memory and have to start from scratch again. I'd say just set it as if it's day 1.

If you are still unsure you could always try and call the CBFM helpline, I think they are really helpful xx
  • Hi EmmaA

So sorry to hear of your MC.

I agree with Lawso and to phone the CBFM helpline - I've called them before and they're great. xx
  • I think I will give them a call. Thanks girls.
  • Hi I just wanted to let everyone know in case anyone else is in the same situation as me. I rang the CBFM helpline and they said there is no need to totally reset the CBFM. You can just start CD1 like normal on the first day of your AF, but they do advise waiting a few cycles until your cycle length returns to normal. I think I am going to ignore that part of the advice as just want to start ttc again as soon as my next AF is here. I don't see how it can make that much difference.
  • Pleased that they were able to help EmmaA. I think i'd do the same as you too and ignore the part about waiting a for your cycle to return to normal - they probably just say this so the machine is more accurate.