Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Do you weigh more during ovulation?

Hello everyone

Does anyone know if it is normal to weigh more during ovulation? I'm trying to be healthy just before Christmas and thought I was doing really well, lost 3 pounds and then today I am back to the weight that I started at. I have just ovulated and feeling very bloated so thought it might be that. If it isn't, then I need to eat even less!

Laura

Replies

• OOOh good question and what a brilliant statement that would make to your OH! "feel so bloated tonight - totally blaming the release of my egg" haha

On serious note - no idea but I will be totally weighing myself next Thurs when I OV to see if I have a change image
  • I think you must weigh more, I ov'd around sunday and when i went to slimming world on Tuesday i'd put on a 1 1/2lb!! It's got nothing to do with having a weekend away and eating out!!
  • G/c But I used to feel bloated after ov and that's because you retain more water leading up to AF.