Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

SMEP?

Hi ladies,

Can someone please explain how this works? Heard lots of positive stories about BFP's after following this, so thought I'd give it a go too!

Many thanks

Replies

• HERE'S THE PLAN

Deanna's Plan

Whether you are trying again after a miscarriage, or frustrated that you can't seem to get pregnant again after a successful pregnancy, this plan is for women who have gotten pregnant in the past, and therefore do not have significant infertility problems that need to be tested and treated. It is also a good plan to try for a first pregnancy if you want to do something serious to increase your chances before finally going in for a doctor visit about fertility.

Even if you have had an easy time getting pregnant in the past, pregnancy tends to change your hormonal makeup, so sometimes timing is not the same as it was before. This plan will ensure that sperm gets to your egg. Whether or not a viable pregnancy results (the odds are about 1 in 4 even if you time it right), is up to nature.

Be prepared for a month of serious loving!

The Plan

"Try" every other night starting Day 8
    Buy 10 ovulation predictor kit sticks
    Begin ovulation testing on Day 10
    When test is positive, "try" that night, plus two additional nights in a row
    Skip one night, then do one last "try"
    Take a home pregnancy test 15 days after your ovulation test was positive, if your period has not begun
    If your ovulation test never goes positive, continue "trying" every other night until Day 35, then do a pregnancy test if your period has not begun.
    Statistics coming in from the bulletin board show that about 40% of post-miscarriage women will get pregnant on the first try if they are faithful to the plan, about double the number of the normal population who are not on the plan. This assumes, of course, that you waited for a normal cycle to begin after your loss, and did not begin trying before having a period after a miscarriage. Many women do not ovulate in that first cycle.

(copied from angel100's thread!) image
  • hiya, i'll post he link to the page that gave me all my information in a min when i find it. basically you're supposed to have sex every other day up until you get a positive result from an ov test, then have sex every day for 3 days, then skip a day then have sex again the next day. thats it in a nutshell anyway! its my first month following this so fingers crossed its trie that it ups your chances to 40% instead of 25!
    xx
  • i see mrs robertson has got there first and explained it, but heres the link anyway!
    http://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm

if you google it theres loads of info
    xx
  • Come join our thread of ladies doing it x
  • yeahn hun, come join us.xxx
  • I'm doing it!! CD21 today, fingers crossed for BFP's all round!! xx

http://lt1f.lilypie.com/7yMv.png