Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Anyone else worried about their post baby body???!

Hi everyone

I can't wait to start TTC and I am really looking forward to being pregnant and starting a family with my lovely husband.

but..... I can't help but really worry about what my body will be like after having children! I know that having a baby is way more important but I still worry, alot!!

Does anyone else feel the same???

Mrs Cake xx

Replies

• I didn't worry pre -pg with my first but did worry from about 6 months on - once I got my bump. I'm worried about it alot more now were planning number two. As I've heard things don't 'spring' back quite so well. x
  • Hi there, g/c from baby. Couldn't resist when I saw the subject! I was PETRIFIED about my post-baby body (my baby girl is 4 months now) - even when I had just given birth I was scared to stand up and look down at my stomach! But I think as long as you don't 'eat for two' then you'll be okay, I was pleasantly surprised in fact! Due to bfing I still have a few excess pounds although basically back to normal now ... if I ever feel a bit lumpy i just look at my gorgeous baby and know that it was all soooo worth it x
  • Hi Ladies,

Thanks for your replies!

You have made me feel a little better littlerose and it is good to know that other people feel the same!
    I just worried that I was worrying about it too much and I know that having a baby will be so much more important!
    I'm still really scared though! I guess it's the unknown that is scary\

xxx
  • As women we are bombarded, pretty much from our own births, that we have to look sexy, young and full of life all the time or we are cr@p.

Sadly, having a baby will mean we no longer look exactly like a lithe bodied adolescent. It would be very easy to therefore 'wag a knowing finger' at people worried about how their bodies will change and tell them it's not as important as having a child, but we are fed opposing messages throughout our lives and that will make a difference.

I wish I could say I wasn't worried about how it will change my outward appearance (and if honest, my inward 'shape' if you catch my unsubtle drift) however, I can do things to make sure that the difference is lessened. There are lots of women who have had multiple children who are in much better shape then I am who have had none.

My plan is to keep up gentle exercise for as long as I can, breastfeed (as it's good for the baby) and eat a healthful diet throughout my planned pregnancy. I currently do toning exercises on my PC muscles already as it's good to get them toned and limber before one becomes pregnant. Hopefully this will help me stop getting too out of control with my shape/tone/etc

Anyway, I'm waffling.... nope, you aren't alone. It's scary, but that's because we don't know what will happen. It's not petty or shallow to be afraid or concerned about things like this when we are bought up with the idea our primary goal is to be pretty, sexy and slender.

At the end of the day.... your body will sag and change if you have kids or not, it just hastens things on a bit.
  • i cried sooo much after my first. my body was flabby, bloated i had stretch marks on my tummy and i felt old and gross.. i also hit 30 at the same time. we are trying for our second now and i cant wait this time for my baby bump. my body has not gone back to how it was, but it looks pretty damn good. it took a while to get back to normal but once i started getting sleep again and the initial baby bit wore off, i got to the gym and started to feel like my old self. dont ruin the exciting bits, it will come back to a point where you feel attractive again but it takes some effort. i am a big believer in that if you are scared of letting oit go, you wont let it go.. ps do arm exercises, my wings have taken ages to shift!!! xx
  • Thanks you for the replys!

Adelicia i totally agree with you and I am so mad that I feel worried about it. I 'm not somone that gets really worried about being super slim or any of that but I guess we are all taking it in bit by bit.
    Beauty junkie thanks for being so honest, it really does help to hear it from woment who have been through pregnenacy. I know that it will all be fine in the end and it will never stop me wanting to have kids!

I am noting down the tips!!!

xx
  • Thanks you for the replys!

Adelicia i totally agree with you and I am so mad that I feel worried about it. I 'm not somone that gets really worried about being super slim or any of that but I guess we are all taking it in bit by bit.
    Beauty junkie thanks for being so honest, it really does help to hear it from woment who have been through pregnenacy. I know that it will all be fine in the end and it will never stop me wanting to have kids!

I am noting down the tips!!!

xx
  • oh anytime, i was so freaked out post baby about my body and i was made to feel hideous about carng about how i looked when i should be grateful for my baby.i cant believe people can be so nasty, i ADORE my boy however my body is still my body.. i completely get where you are coming from.. age helps, i am 4 years older now than when i became pregnant and much more confident about my body. i think my bod looks better now than during some of my chubbier pre baby stages!! it is scary, it changes you frombeing a girl to a woman (in other peoples minds as well) and that is a huge thing and very underplayed in my opinion xxxx