Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Testing and DPO Question.. ?

I've been wondering...

My luteal phase is normally 10/11 days, however most ladies seem to get a good BFP from 12dpo... should I wait until after AF is due to test?

Am 6dpo today and they are already calling me!!!

xx

Replies

• my LP was 12 days, i got faint lines at 10 and 11 DPO and a good line at 12 a day before AF, it depends when you implant as to when you get a good positive, it is best to wait to avoid false negatives and wasting tests but it isnt easy,

good luck x
  • Glad i found this thread because I would like to know the same thing.
    I am wanting to test but no in the back of my head its too early.
    Was wondering how many dpo people are testing and getting a positive.
  • I got a bfp on a 10miu test at 10 dpo, but I have a 14 day LP. In all honesty, I kind've wish I'd waited until after AF was late as I spent the week before AF was due fretting about having an early chemical pregnancy. Now, I'm just fretting about having an early m/c!!

So, you can test early and get a nice positive, but then you have the strain of still waiting to see if AF will arrive and your little egg will successfully stay-put!

xxx
    4+5
  • Hi what tests are 10miu??

Sorry to g/c I am 9DPO and tested today and yday and got 2 BFN's on a FR early results test, am due af 21st Dec.

How do I work out my LP again? I have a regular 35 day cycle.

Babydancer try and hold out till 11/12DPO as a BFN is soul destroying hun.

xx

• Luteal Phase
    What is the luteal phase?

The luteal phase, also referred to as 'days past ovulation' or 'DPO', is the part of the cycle that starts at ovulation and ends the day before your next period. It usually lasts about 14 days and does not vary by more than a day in each person. The luteal phase is named after the corpus luteum (Latin: "yellow body"), a structure that grows on the surface of the ovary where a mature egg was released at ovulation. The corpus luteum produces progesterone in preparing the body for pregnancy. Your luteal phase must be at least 10 days long to support pregnancy.
  • Found this too:-

The importance of the luteal phase

The length of the luteal phase determines the time of ovulation within your menstrual cycle. Ovulation can be delayed by a number of factors, such as stress, increased activity or medication, but the length of the luteal phase is usually constant. Taking this into account, you can calculate the time of ovulation within your cycle by subtracting the length of your luteal phase from the length of your cycle. For example, if your cycle is 28 days long and your luteal phase is 12 days long, the ovulation will occur on day 16 of your cycle (28-12=16). Ovulation Calendar uses this formula to calculate your time of ovulation
  • Found this too:
    The importance of the luteal phase

The length of the luteal phase determines the time of ovulation within your menstrual cycle. Ovulation can be delayed by a number of factors, such as stress, increased activity or medication, but the length of the luteal phase is usually constant. Taking this into account, you can calculate the time of ovulation within your cycle by subtracting the length of your luteal phase from the length of your cycle. For example, if your cycle is 28 days long and your luteal phase is 12 days long, the ovulation will occur on day 16 of your cycle (28-12=16). Ovulation Calendar uses this formula to calculate your time of ovulation
  • Ok hun he he didnt know it was the same as DPO what a donut I am!!

Just started panicking well I ov around 7th and due af 21st so that makes my LP 14 days??

• don't worry, I didn't know either till I looked it up - lol, just realised it added it twice too, doh!! Its hard working it out, part of me thinks just wait until I miss a period (Sigh - if only it were that easy!!)xx
  • Oh no that 2nd post isnt good as my cycle length is 35 days, LP 14 = CD21 that makes Fri 11 Dec which means I might not have got a good positive on OPK and completely missed ovulation!!!

PMA fading now x
  • Oops no wrong again just counted bk to CD21 and it was 7th!! as predicted...........was having a lil panic on then.

• bless you xx