Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Scan today- diagnosed with PCOS

Hi girls,
I had my ultrasound today, nearly 4 months since my last period and have been off the pill and trying for 7 months. I have polycystic ovaries and could see loads of cysts on the screen! Also have high testosterone levels and enlarged ovaries. I'm going back to the GP soon for 'official' diagnosis but the sonographer said it was a textbook case. :roll:

On the plus side she could see by my endometrial layer and corpus luteum that I FINALLY ovulated about a week ago so I'm in the 2ww! Yay, either I'll get a bfp or AF in a week or two and finally get somewhere after a cycle of 120 days! image

Replies

• Hi Kittenmittens, didn't want to r+r.

You must be so relieved that you finally know why your cycle was really long.

Fingers crossed on that BFP and a christmas bean! xxx
  • Well that's good news - fingers crossed for you kitten. And good to get a solid diagnosis so now you know what you're up against!
    I'm waiting for my scan date........ xxx

http://lbff.lilypie.com/XdDa.png

• Hi Mrs Robson, I only managed to get a scan now as there was a cancellation, otherwise it would be a 2 month wait. Any luck with your long cycle yet? Hope something happens soon, it's so frustrating isn't it!
  • It certainly is!! But it's such a comfort to find I'm not alone - I'm sure you feel the same way. I think I'd have lost the plot if I hadn't found BE!!! xx
  • Sorry u got bad news but i hope you get your BFP in the end
    My aunt was told she has pcos and she olny had 1 ish af a YEAR image and she has 3 kids and not long found out she was preg again although mmc
    Good Luck Hope you have your bfp very very soon xx
  • hi hun, sorry u got bad news but on the other hand hope this 2ww ends in a bfp.xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Wow kittenmittens, that could have been me writing that post - in exactly the same situ! Been 3 months since I came off the pill and had no AF at all - I had my scan today and also got diagnosed with PCOS - lady didnt seem concerned but said they wouldnt do anything until we had been TTC for a year (BOO!!) I have been quite upset this afternoon but after talking with my mum it sounds like she may have had PCOS and she has had 2 children (me being 1 of them obviously!!!) so feel a bit better, there is treatment out there so am hopeful. I have started taking Agnus Castus to see if that helps me at all so fingers crossed it does!!:roll:
  • Hi Catherine, I would push for a gynae appt if possible, at least if you get referred then somehting is happening even if the referral takes months to go through. My GP has agreed to this after 7months ttc so you never know, yours might do the same. Or if you haven't told them how long you've been tyring, lie and say a year! I'm going to try the Agnus Castus next cycle, try to get my cycles shorter.
  • Yeah, I was speaking with my brother today and thats what he said - he said, tell them you have been trying for a year now but stupid honest me told my doctors that I only came of pill in sept - gutted!!! Will go and have a chat with them when I have my blood tests back and see if they will refer me, if not will go private I think, i just dont want to have to wait around for ages, I am so inpatient!!!
  • Yeah, I was speaking with my brother today and thats what he said - he said, tell them you have been trying for a year now but stupid honest me told my doctors that I only came of pill in sept - gutted!!! Will go and have a chat with them when I have my blood tests back and see if they will refer me, if not will go private I think, i just dont want to have to wait around for ages, I am so inpatient!!!
  • Got my scan date in the post today. Yay!!! 8th Jan so hopefully soon I'll have a proper diagnosis too! xx
  • Best of luck for your scan Mrs Robson! At least now you can relax now you've got it booked x