Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Anyone else off the pill and still waiting for first AF??!

Replies

• Hi Sally, hope you are bloomin well!

Email when you get chance chick xxx
  • Catherine- really sorry to hear they aren't going to do anything for a while. I'm dreading the same thing on Tuesday. I know how you feel you kind of hope against hope that in the scan they are going to go guess what there's a big fat baby in there that you didn't know about or alternatively tell you your AF is on its way. I think going private might be a good idea to speed things. It's so frustrating how the whole medical profession don't seem to understand the emotional torture having no AF brings. Was the scan an ultrasound or an internal scan? I'm relieved things are getting investigated with me but also don't want to build my hopes up.

Mrs Robson- glad your date has finally arrived xx
  • MrsRobson - Really gald you got your date booked in and fingers crossed its good news.

Hope09 - They did an internal scan which was actually not that hideous at all (had a colposcopy and was dreading it was going to be something like that which it wasnt, not even close!!!) - she pointed out on the scan what everything was and then showed me the little dark bits which were the cysts on my ovaries - she didnt sound overly concerned about anything but I just want to get cracking with it all. Will keep my fingers crossed for tuesday and make sure you post and let me know how it goes xx
  • Toria1974 - I am so sorry to hear about that - I dont have any advice but have been through a similar thing but now have all clear after 1.5 years of abnormal smears. Hope it all turns out ok though :\)
  • Ahh hun - didnt want to just read and run. Ive not got any experience of this but wanted you to know that you're in my thoughts. This is a horrible time to get your letter through. Keep positive though - as they said, it may just be an error on their behalf but either way stay positive.

Thinking of you chick *big hug*

xxxxx
  • Hi,
    I went for my referral yesterday. It turned out to be the infertility clinic rather than gynaecology as such. The doctor gave me norethisterone which I have to take 3 times a day for the next 10 days and it should then bring on an AF when I stop. (I think it's the tablet they give you when you want to delay a period but aren't on the pill). The doctor also gave me an internal examination and took some swabs. If and when my AF comes I have to go for day 2 and day 21 bloods to see what's happening. I've also been booked in for an ultra sound where they use a dye so they can see whether my tubes might be blocked- which seems to be one thing they are considering. I go back to the hospital in 3 months time to see what's happening. They have also said that my DH can provide a sperm sample but one of my closest friends works in the hospital analysing all the sperm samples so not sure how we'll get around that one haha. xx
  • Oh Toria I don't know what to say - I hope you're ok. I haven't experienced anything like this but just want to say I am thinking of you

E x
  • Toria, I'm not too up on smears tbh but I think it will be fine in the long term. I know family members who've had abnormal smears and there are a few straightforward procedures they can do to get rid of the abnormal cells. Maybe you should test tomorrow to put your mind at ease but whatever the result of your smear it may help that they may be starting to diagnose why you have no AF.
    As for blocked tubes I think it depends on the reason why they are blocked and whether it's one or both. There are varying degrees of severity but it looks like they can still do something even if it was the case. The doctor at the hospital also said they are still investigating PCOS with me too and that even if there are problems it's not the end of the world and they see it lots.

I've spent the last couple of days feeling quite upset about everything and the whole TTC business especially as I know I'm going to be totally surrounded by kids and pregnancy bumps tomorrow. But having said that, I've started to feel more positive today. My friend is now 4 years into TTC and has had 2 failed attempts at IVF- the most recent this month and she miscarried. She has undiagnosed infertility so it got me thinking at least if they find something with me they might be able to treat it.

I'm feeling better too now the tablets to give me AF are starting to kick in I'm getting AF pains I'm sure but it's been so long haha. I was chatting to my DH this morning and I think I've now come to terms with the fact that TTC for me is probably not going to be as easy as I first thought but it will happen eventually.

Sorry for the long post but I've started to change my mindset and thought it might help.

Have a good christmas everyone and who knows maybe in Christmas next year we'll all be on one of the newborn forums. Good luck and baby dust xxx
  • Toria, I'm not too up on smears tbh but I think it will be fine in the long term. I know family members who've had abnormal smears and there are a few straightforward procedures they can do to get rid of the abnormal cells. Maybe you should test tomorrow to put your mind at ease but whatever the result of your smear it may help that they may be starting to diagnose why you have no AF.
    As for blocked tubes I think it depends on the reason why they are blocked and whether it's one or both. There are varying degrees of severity but it looks like they can still do something even if it was the case. The doctor at the hospital also said they are still investigating PCOS with me too and that even if there are problems it's not the end of the world and they see it lots.

I've spent the last couple of days feeling quite upset about everything and the whole TTC business especially as I know I'm going to be totally surrounded by kids and pregnancy bumps tomorrow. But having said that, I've started to feel more positive today. My friend is now 4 years into TTC and has had 2 failed attempts at IVF- the most recent this month and she miscarried. She has undiagnosed infertility so it got me thinking at least if they find something with me they might be able to treat it.

I'm feeling better too now the tablets to give me AF are starting to kick in I'm getting AF pains I'm sure but it's been so long haha. I was chatting to my DH this morning and I think I've now come to terms with the fact that TTC for me is probably not going to be as easy as I first thought but it will happen eventually.

Sorry for the long post but I've started to change my mindset and thought it might help.

Have a good christmas everyone and who knows maybe in Christmas next year we'll all be on one of the newborn forums. Good luck and baby dust xxx
  • Hi Toria, not sure if this helps but I have had abnormal smears for 2 years and had colposcopy and treatment just before xmas to burn the cells away, they numb you, you don't feel a thing and it was all absolutely fine, nothing to worry about. Now the cells are gone I am free to start TTC with a nice healthy cervix. So if that is your worst case scenario then I just wanted to say that it's nothing to worry too much about. I have no clue when I am ovulating as since coming off the pill the 6 months ago I have had three periods all at random times so I guess we'll just have to try all the time and hope for the best. Nice to know there is a lot of us affected by the pill and I am not alone! Let's hope 2010 brings us all good luck image x
  • Hello there absent AF buddies - you'll NEVER guess what!!! AF arrived today!! My first cycle was exactly 150 days. Can't help but wonder now how long the next one will be...... But at least that scan is coming this week so I can get the ball rolling!
    Hope you all had a fab Christmas and New Year. Missed you all on here but just forgot about ttc for a couple of weeks and maybe that really did help - who knows....?! Or maybe just being off work!
    Anyways, I'd love to hear all your updates from over the holiday season! Hope to hear more good news! xx
  • Hi MrsRobson

So Glad to hear your AF finally arrived! Lets hope the next one is only 28 days!!

Well, still no AF for me, not sure excalty days but its been coming up for 4 months! I had a little bit of EWCM on 23rd Dec but just a little bit, havent had any since I came off the pill so hoping that I have ovulated but who knows. No sign of AF yet, a few tummy pains but nothing major so god knows if it is coming or not, I wish there was a manual that comes with your body so you know what's going on!!!:lol:
  • Yey Mrs Robson how fab?!! Hopefully this combined with your scan really will get things moving for you!

I've had a fab Xmas - and we've just got back from a weeks skiing with the inlaws which was great and just such a lovely break.

Back to school tomorrow sadly, feel like I have not achieved any of the jobs I wanted to but nevermind. Can always hope the snow continues and I cant get there tomorrow!!

E x
  • Thanks guys - fingers crossed this one is shorter. And hoping we all have a lucky year this year! xx
  • Thanks guys - fingers crossed this one is shorter. And hoping we all have a lucky year this year! xx
  • just an update. I am now sixty days with no AF. I have taken angus castus for two days and just got my period. Never been so happy to see it x def recommend it
  • That's good news MrsM!

Catherine - any sign yet of anything? Looks like you may well have ovulated so it must be AF/testing time around now - keep us up to date!

Got my scan today for PCO and feeling really anxious. On my third snow day and feel gutted I've just wasted all these days off rattling around the house with anxiety. Ra!!!

I think if anything getting AF has just gotten me all neurotic again - while nothing was happening I just felt a bit resigned to it and now I feel all shaken up with not knowing what's going on. I'm glad that something is happening at last but it's horrible not knowing if the next cycle will be just as bad or what?! Plus a baby was born yesterday in the family and a friend has announced a pregnancy this week. Also my goddaughter had her first birthday and I've been buying lots of little baby gifts and it's all just gotten to me. Ra!!! I could have done with work this week to keep my mind off stuff.

Sorry to rant - I'll let you know how the scan goes.

H xx
  • Thank you Toris - have one back!!

Had scan and have classic polycystic ovaries and apparently I also have a retroverted uterus. Hmmmmmmm..... At least now I know for definite what the problem is so I can hopefully start taking action!

How is evryone else getting on - any AFs? Testing? BFPs???

Fingers crossed for us all xx
  • Hi Mrs R,

Just seen your af news (woo!) and your scan news. And as you say, at least you know for definite whats going on now. What action did the docs say they were going to take? Do you have to wait to see them again? I bet it's just a relief having an answer isnt it.

I've had a snow week this week too - enjoyed it at first but getting a bit of 'cabin fever' now as I havent been out for aaaages!!

Anyway, sending you all lots of baby dust and keeping my fingers tightly crossed for your BFPs. I've got my first scan on Tuesday. So scared and nervous - keep having a nightmare that the sonographer says that there's nothing in there image

We'll see anyway. Sal xxxxx
  • Hi ladies. Wondering if I can join you please? I've been reading through this thread for the last hour or so, it's a long one!! I am in the same boat and it's really really getting me down. I came off the pill at the start of September after being on it for about 10 years. After 42 days I got my first proper AF which was perfectly normal and lasted 5 days as usual. But now I'm still waiting for second AF and am now on CD85!! I went to the dr last Thursday and had some blood tests - get the results next week and she's also booked me in for a scan at the hospital, I'm just waiting to find out the date for that. My gp says she's sure it's northing to worry about and is probably just my body getting used to being on the pill but to put my mind at rest I could have some tests. It's so frustrating though!!! We want a baby so much and I'm so jealous of the girls who have a regular cycle, know when to BD and then have their 2ww!! Everyone around me seems to be getting pregnant too, and so many of them are mistakes....it's really getting to me!
    Sorry for the long first post, it's just so relieving to find other people in the same situation! We haven't told anyone that we are ttc and sometimes I feel so alone with not being able to chat to friends about it.
    xx