Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

sister is 9wks pregnant, freaking out + told me, now what?

Hi ladies, i don't know what to do. My sister is 4months off turning 21, in her final year at uni and on christmas eve did a hpt + it was positive. She has been with the dad, also in final year at uni, since may this year. She told him xmas eve and his opinion was v.clear. "Get a termination as having the baby wil ruin and change both our lives drastically + its not fair on the baby 2bring it into the world not wantd without proper support." my sister was in shock + doesnt know what she wants and whilst it isnt the ideal situation 4them, i know how she feels about abortions + deep down i believe she does want 2keep it. I guess what i am asking ladies is how can i support her without affecting her choice? I am finding this extremely hard as have had an early mc sept 08 + no joy ttc since. I am almost 27 + so want our own family which is why this is so hard! Sorry for the long post, any advice will be greatly received. Hope u had a lovely christmas x x x

Replies

• sorry to hear your sad news about ur mc, a friend of mine was in uni when she got pregnant and now she has a seven month old and is finishing her degree, so it can be done x how you could support her is by just being there, going to scans, going with whatever decision she makes hope this help x x
  • Thank u ladies. It is very hard as she is staying with her bf until tues when he jets off to new york and las vegas with 3mates for his 21st. At the mo, she says its hard to think about it as its so busy there with christmas + his bday celebrations. What makes this all worse is that we have a blood clotting condition called factor v leiden and i have been told that i will need daily injections 2protect myself + a baby from clotting yet my sister thinks it will be ok. I want her to talk to a doctor but with the holidays she cant get in til next week, another week down the line. I wish it wasnt so hard!
  • Thank u ladies. It is very hard as she is staying with her bf until tues when he jets off to new york and las vegas with 3mates for his 21st. At the mo, she says its hard to think about it as its so busy there with christmas + his bday celebrations. What makes this all worse is that we have a blood clotting condition called factor v leiden and i have been told that i will need daily injections 2protect myself + a baby from clotting yet my sister thinks it will be ok. I want her to talk to a doctor but with the holidays she cant get in til next week, another week down the line. I wish it wasnt so hard!