Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

another success for the rude veg!

I can't quite believe it but this morning I got my BFP! I'm 13DPO of a usual 10 day luteal phase. AF was due xmas eve and the day before that I had really bad cramps (exactly like those I get when AF is imminent) and my temps started to dip so I was convinced AF was on her way.....but there's been no sign of her! hooray!!!!!imageimage

I did a superdrug hpt yesterday and thought i could see a vvvvvv faint line but thought it was an evap line as it didn't come up in the 3 mins. Used a FR this morning and got my second line- admittedly still faint, but a lines a line, right!? got a CBD but think i will wait a few days and then use it.

I'm so excited and equally terrified! It seems almost too good to be true so if its ok with you lovely ladies I'm not going to rush off anywhere just yet.

I'm not a prolific poster, but I am a avid lurker and BE has been amazingly helpful, so it seems only right that I share what we did that helped towards my xmas pudding!
I've been charting my BBT since I came off the pill in april - I know its not for everyone, but it was been so helpful for me as I have had long irregular cycles and it helped me know that I was ovulating (I have suspected PCOS so wasn't sure if I was). Fertility friend has been really helpful too- but I'm a geek for charts and graphs!!
I used CBFM for the first time this month but because of my daft cycles I stalled the start date of the CBFM to CD16 of my cycle - I ov'd on CD 37and got about 12 highs before 2 peaks.
We BD'd everyday in the 3 days up to ov, on ov day and the day after. We also used sasmar conceieve plus and stuck a pillow under my bum afterwards.
The rude veg picture and a sneaky whisper to santa must have helped too!;\)

As for symtpoms - not alot really, aside from the af type cramps and tiredness. The previous month I had convinced myself I was preg with loads of symptoms and then was gutted when AF arrived, so this time i tried not to ss as much (easier said than done!)

buckets of babydust to everyone!!;\) and good luck to everyone testing over new year - I'm sure 2010 is going to be a good year for everyone

lb xx

Replies

• Oh hun that is amazing, am so happy for you. Congrats.
    Here is to a happy and healthy nine months. xxx
  • CONGRATS!!! Its so great to hear that someones dreams have come true! Ive tried to temp chart but didnt work... 2010 will be an awesome year for u xx
  • CONGRATS!!!!!! So pleased for you hun, what a wonderful Christmas present! Hope you have a happy & healthy 9 months xx
  • oh yay congrats littleB- that is the best Christmas present!!!!
  • Congratulations to you and your OH hun. Wishing you a h&h 9 months. xx
  • Congratulations!!! That is great news!!! Wishing you a H+H nine months xx
  • lovely news hun, congratulations.xxxxxxx
  • Congratulationsimage x

Might have to consider changing my avatar.
  • congratulations!!! Zxx
  • oh massive congrats!!! how exciting!
    hoping my rude veg is as lucky as yours! xx
  • thanks everyone for your replies! I'm bursting to tell family and friends, especially as we are seeing them all over xmas and new year, but I think we've decided to wait until after 12 weeks so its great to be able to share the excitement with BE girls!! Its still very early days - i think i'm about 4+0 - so trying not to get too far ahead of myself, but excited nonetheless! EDD is 5th Sept image

hoping that my bean is sticky and holds on!