Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Update

Hi Guys, well was due on 23rd Dec, nothing, a negative test 10DPO, did another test Xmas Eve, still negative. Was convinced I had lots of symptoms, but unfortunately, AF arrived Xmas Day - great! Oh well, here's to everyone trying for next month! Hope everyone had a great Xmas. Oh, before I forget, as I was 2 days late, does that mean my normal 28 day cycle should now be counted as a 30 day cycle, or was that a blip, ie, perhaps the worry of it all making me late???? Zxx

Replies

• your cycle length can change. well, the first part of your cycle (cd1 - ov) can change. the second part stays the same (ov - day before cd1). if you do ov tests and so know how long your luteal phase is (ov - day before cd1, usually 14 days) so you know when to expect it. it's more accurate than going of cds as they can change. worry wont make af late but something early in the cycle, like stress, can make ovualtion late. af will always come same amount of time after ov.

hth and good luck for next month. a jan conception would be better as the baby will be a sep baby, rather than an aug baby, making them oldest in the school year rather than youngest, so they'll have an advantage! image
  • your cycle length can change. well, the first part of your cycle (cd1 - ov) can change. the second part stays the same (ov - day before cd1). if you do ov tests and so know how long your luteal phase is (ov - day before cd1, usually 14 days) so you know when to expect it. it's more accurate than going of cds as they can change. worry wont make af late but something early in the cycle, like stress, can make ovualtion late. af will always come same amount of time after ov.

hth and good luck for next month. a jan conception would be better as the baby will be a sep baby, rather than an aug baby, making them oldest in the school year rather than youngest, so they'll have an advantage! image
  • ahhhh thanks Calleigh, I may be a bit dense, but what does Cd mean? As I came on Xmas day, guess that is CD1?? Zxx
  • Hey ZLS23 CD just means cycle day. So yeah Xmas Day would have been CD1. I would still work it on a normal 28 day cycle - alot of girls this month seemed to have funny cycles (me included!). Think we all jsut wanted our Christmas Bean far too much!

Good Luck - I was CD1 yesterday - so here's to our January Bean.
    Babydust!
    xxx
  • thanks guys, bubbly on NYE sounds just the job!!! Zxx PS: Snugglenush, keep me posted, January bean would be amazing!!
  • Hi hun, just wanted to say you are not alone hun, my af has been playing tricks on me, did yours come in full flow when it was late, I have been bleeding on and off all week but not enough for a tampon and also had brown cm on xmas eve.

I got my hopes built up too much I think and will the stress of trying for a baby and xmas all at the same time I think thats what has made my cycle go rogue.

Anyway heres to Sept babies woo hoo xx
  • Hi SD, yes pretty much full flow from xmas day, easing a little now tho. Zxx PS. I am def not SS'ing next month!!! It's doing my head in!!
  • Sorry she got you.
    H.xxx
  • ahhhh thanks. Here's to trying again nxt month. Zxx