Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

time to conceive

Im 38 this year so class my self as "old" ive been trying for last 6 months on our 2nd child but not much luck at the mo, got caught straight away with our first, Just wonder how everyone else got on, how long etc

Replies

• I'm 39 and conecived in less than two months of trying. Now have a beautiful baby boy.

Doesn't always take longer just because you are older.

Keep trying and good luck
  • I am nearly 38 and 19 weeks pregnant with my first. I used the 'mucus' method (yuk!) but it worked in 4 months- keep going! XX
  • I am nearly 38 and 19 weeks pregnant with my first. I used the 'mucus' method (yuk!) but it worked in 4 months- keep going! XX
  • I'm 37 and 38 weeks with our first, it took about 6 months to fall - don't give up x
  • I'm 36 and have a 7 month-old girl - I got pregnant the first month of trying - no charts, sticks or thermometers in sight - just lots of fun!!
  • I'm 36 and 19 weeks pregnant with first LO, can't wait for beany to arrive image Our bean was a little surprise, although we were a bit careless lol!! Had hoped to wait a year and then start ttc but couldn't be happier, we didn't do any OV tests etc etc just lots of fun like blueladybird image x

• Hi,

I am 40 in 4 weeks, I have Zara who is 20 months (conceived after 13 months of trying) and am now 20 weeks pregnant and we did not try for this baby at all. I have thyroid disease so was finally given the all clear to start trying when my levels had reached acceptable levels only to find out we were already pregnant!!!

So as tyger said it does not always take longer just because we are "older".
    I defo think that "trying" as such does not really help. We got pregnant with Zara the month we stopped trying and went on holiday as we were due to go for iui the next month so I stopped temping and poas and bingo it happened.

good luckxxx