Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

No AF and BFN

Hi Lovelies! Well, I posted on here a couple of days ago that I had a very faint second line on a FR test. I waited and tested again this morning, but nada, not even a sniff of a second line. So I think I am out of the game until my cycle sorts itself out. Just want the witch to come and reassure me that my body is beginning to get itself back on track after being on the pill. Ah well.
I surprised myself at how sad I was after I got the BFN, cos my head tells me that it was a long shot and very unlikely to happen so soon, but my heart thinks differently. Plus, 2 close friends got pregnant immediately, so I had hoped that, as they say things come in threes, that we'd have the same luck! Silly, I know!
And now I am annoyed at myself, cos so many of you have been going through this heartache for so much longer, and I am just a silly little newbie! Sorry girls x x :cry:

Replies

• Oh hunny, you are bound to be upset at getting a BFN after the silly FR test showing a second line. It may be that you are due your BFP this month but nasty mother nature is making you wait for it! Don't give up all PMA just yet :\)

I think we all hope we will be lucky enough to get our BFP straight away - I know I did and even now, almost 18 months on I still get upset when I get a BFN or AF! You certainly don't need to apologise - It's what we're all here for,

You have a day spoiling yourself, get some chocolates, a crappy film and a blanket on the sofa. Or even better go shopping image xx
  • Sorry to hear that you got a BFN ..... Here's hoping that the new year bring good news
  • oh hun don't feel bad just coz you're a newbie!! every month is a disappointment for me. I hope you get your bfp really soon, as I'm sure all of us who've been going through it longer wouldn't wish the stress on anyone else.
    Gxx
  • Thank you all for being so kind and understanding. Your kind words allowed me to have a good old sob! Feeling a bit better now. Just wish OH was a bit more understanding, but at least I have you lovelies! x x
  • Hope you're feeling a bit better now ruthiespoon. I understand how you feel, I'm a newbie too, only been trying a couple of months and my cycle hasn't sorted itself out since coming off the pill, still waiting for 2nd AF and it's been over two months now. I desperately hoped that I would be lucky enough to get a BFP straight away too like three of my friends did over the summer, but nature seems to have other plans!!! Hold in there and one day it'll happen...until then, everyone's here for support. xx
  • Thank you all for being so kind and understanding. Your kind words allowed me to have a good old sob! Feeling a bit better now. Just wish OH was a bit more understanding, but at least I have you lovelies! x x

I always find a good cry works wonders too :\) Glad you are feeling better sweet x
  • Hello Ruthiespoon,

I am in the same situation as you, I'm a newbie too, I came off the pill at the beginning of October, waited 8 weeks for 1st AF, now I am on CD35 waiting for 2nd AF (Got BFN on CD27 and yesterday, so know I am not pregnant!) It is so frustrating and I definitely think you are allowed to be upset about it even though it is early days, it is only human. I think we would probably find the whole thing much easier if we were having regular cycles, as at least then we would know what was going on, and wouldn't get our hopes up so much when AF goes AWOL!!

Here's hoping it doesn't take too much longer for our cycles to sort themselves out a bit, fingers crossed for a 2010 BFP xxx