Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

BFP... BUT>>>

Im Bleeding :\(

I have been having tender boobs for the past week or so and thought this could be my month. I wasnt sure when to test though because since having my first LO my periods have been erratic with cycles from 40 days to 30 days but getting shorter. Yesterday was CD31 so my friend convinced me to test and I bought a clearblue test. It came up with a fairly faint BFP but still visible to both of us..I was so happy and when my DF came home I told him and we went to bed... we were chatting about the usual things, boy girl etc when i went to the Loo and I was bleeding....

I dont know if this means I have had a miscarriage, if the test was wrong or I could still bleed whilst being pregnant? Im devastated it felt so cruel that it was only 6 hours or so after testing and getting a BFP. Should I test again or just accept it wasnt meant to be?

Thanks Lauren (4+3????)

Replies

• some people do bleed during pregnancy on the days when they would normally have AF. you need to get blood test taken at docs to find out.
    But when the bleeding stops you can take another test. If it is then BFN then you had a chem pregnancy.
    I hope it is not the latter.
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you. xxx
  • Thankyou Shuck..so I cant POAS til i have stopped bleeding? It is quite heavy like my normal AF so suspecting the latter... I tried not to test early cos of something like this but obviously managed to test on the day it was due...
  • Everything crossed that its not a chem pg-I know how it feels for that elation to turn to disappointment.
    Helen.xxx
  • Thanks Helen. x
  • When I was pregnant with my first I had a bleed but went on to have my beautiful daughter who is now coming up 12 x
  • When I was pregnant with my first I had a bleed but went on to have my beautiful daughter who is now coming up 12 x

was it quite heavy hun? xxx
  • its sometimes very normal to have a period in early pregnancy chick so everything crossed

you can still test but its prob best to wait until after chick x
  • its sometimes very normal to have a period in early pregnancy chick so everything crossed

you can still test but its prob best to wait until after chick x
  • I had a bleed with my daughter at 6 weeks, it was exactly like a normal period. She went on to be a healthy 9lb 7oz baby image Had I not done the test, I would never have not known I was pregnant and would have been further gone then I thought the following month. My response would be is as long as your not overly heavy and in pain then you should be ok. Why don't you book an appointment with your doctor and request an early scan. They gave one to me but I did have to push for it. Try not to panic hun, I'm sure you'll be fine...xx
  • Thanks Lisa... Its so scary isnt it image

Mummy July2010... thanks for that hun. IO dotn think it is super heavy and no pain, not even normal AF cramps and no PMT either... Im starting to doubt the bloody test now though because it was faint but still there...still have the test but they say not to judge on it after 10 mins? its not like it was a cheapy either...

Ill go to the docs this afternoon, see if i can get an appointment and see wat he says... xxx
  • i no chick but sometimes your body is already sheading its lining before it realises and before you would normally know your preg,its the problem with ttc you look for every sympton and same with you having had the wee man already you know what signs to look for

my sister had a period for 6 months with her 2

everything crossed for you xxx
  • Hey Hon, hope your ok?
    I can only advise to hold out a few days and test again. If the bleeding continues like a normal period then it could well mean a chemical pregnancy. I had this the month I had a chempreg. I tested in the evening, got a faint but clear bfp...started spotting the evening after and AF arrived in force the next morning.
    I don't want to get your hopes up, just giving you my experience. If the bleeding stops as quick as it came then it could be nothing.

Update us when you know more x x x
  • Good Luck Hoping its a Super Sticky BFP xx

gem x
  • Hey Hon, hope your ok?
    I can only advise to hold out a few days and test again. If the bleeding continues like a normal period then it could well mean a chemical pregnancy. I had this the month I had a chempreg. I tested in the evening, got a faint but clear bfp...started spotting the evening after and AF arrived in force the next morning.
    I don't want to get your hopes up, just giving you my experience. If the bleeding stops as quick as it came then it could be nothing.

Update us when you know more x x x

Hi Hun...still here in full force but has some little clotty bits in it too so i think i am out for this month.... :cry:
  • aww hun I'm so sorry to hear that, I mc at 6weeks and it's the most awful experience, sending big hugs to you and we are all hear if you need us xx
  • Sorry Chicky - it's the most utterly pants feeling in the world isn't it!.....
    Nothing I can say to make you feel better....go attack any chocs you have left over from xmas with a vengence!

lots of hugs xx
  • aw yea so sorry hun xx