Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

hi... and is this normal

Hello everyone, this is my first post in this forum, hope its ok to join you all. Me and oh have been trying for another baby officially since november, I was a bit gutted in Dec when AF came but just tought you cannot expect it first month, but today AF has arrived again and a few days early image

I really thought when we decided to ttc it was just gonna be fun and exciting I wasn't expecting it to happen right away, but now i think maybe i was inside. Erin was the happiest surprise of my life but i'd be lying if i wasn't a bit gutted when i poas back in july 07 it said positive i didn't think it was right time etc how wrong i was. We got preganant through failed contraception. So i guess i had this idea that we were super fertile cos i knew nothing about which day of my cycle i was in etc, now its only my second AF since trying and i'm so disappointed - this is ridiculous right? its only the 2nd month some ladies try for ages i shouldn't be feeling like this as I know some people wait for ages.

I thought we were gonna be really chilled about trying and just have some fun, but i'm religously working out my cycle and just wasn't expecting to feel this way when af arrived. Sorry for waffled post just shocked at my reaction to not falling pregnant right away as rationally i know this was gonna be unlikely but i must have subconsciously thought it was gonna happen straight away stooopid isn't it.....

sorry again for rambled post especially as its my first one in here lol. looking forward to getting to know you all xxx

Replies

• Hi hun,

welcome to the forum! TBH most women tend to feel like you did when their AF arrives, if we didn't want to get our BFP's then we wouldn't be TTC!

Don't worry hun, we're all exactly the same on here so you'll fit in just fine :lol:

xxx
  • hi hun, welcome. i know exactly how you feel. i fell first month off the pill with my first and even though i tried to tell myself it might not be as easy second time around and that i was going to relax i was devasted when af arrived. this forum is great for venting frustration or just for a shoulder to cry one. hope you dont have to wait to long for your bfp.xxx
  • hi hun, welcome. i know exactly how you feel. i fell first month off the pill with my first and even though i tried to tell myself it might not be as easy second time around and that i was going to relax i was devasted when af arrived. this forum is great for venting frustration or just for a shoulder to cry one. hope you dont have to wait to long for your bfp.xxx
  • Hiya chick, don't worry we all feel the same. Even tho i kept telling dh it could takes ages for us to get pg i think i secretly thought it would happen straight away and we are now on cycle 4. Try to relax as i keep telling myself this will help x
  • hello hello!
    i reckon it's defo pretty normal...everyone knows it may take a while but is secretly hoping they'll be part of that lucky statistic that doesn't!
    babydust xx
  • Hi hun, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I'm new to this site so bare with me........

I'm on my 2nd month to and yes i was as devasted as you when my period came ( is period AF?)
    My mum fell pg when coming off the pill in the first month with me and my brother so i thought that would happen with me but no! I worry so much that we may have problems but you don't know until you start trying do you! xxx
  • hia welcome to ttc.
    We are ttc our first - and we are just starting our 3rd cycle. I complete know the feeling - I often feel like I will NEVER be pregnant. That I will never be that lucky to carry our child.
    But there's no reason for me to think - there is no reason why we won't get pregnant when the time is right (apart from my obsession with tea which I really really need to cut down lol.
    Anyway good luck
    xxx
  • i feel exactly the same! in fact snugglenush you just jumped into my head there! i would describe that exactly - i'm on cycle 3 and i also feel like i can't imagine ever getting pregnant when there is absolutely no reason to think i'm less likely than anyone else!
    i really didn't want to get obsessed and kept telling hubby that it could take ages (he thought it would happen straight away) but i'm still gutted when AF turns up. (yes af is your period btw miss hormonal, stands for "aunty flo" - you'll soon get used to the abbreviations! lol)
    xxx
  • I feel the same too! I honestly thought i would get pregnant the first month. I have been off the pill for over a year before we started trying and we are now in our 5/6 month of trying!!!!

I wanted to be really chilled about it but i have totally changed. I really have to control myself in front of my hubby- dont want to put too much pressure on it lol!

But i am a woman obsessed.... i like to be in control of my life and this is something i really cant control. I have started to chill a little in the last two months but when AF arrives it is still dissapointing everytime.

only advice i can give is, that if you are healthy it will happen...! One of my friends is one of the healthiest fittest people i know and it took them 8 months. Another friend is quite unhealthy and took them one month...!

So who knows..! i am sure you will get your BFP soon... in the meantime come on here and have a chat and a rant (if needed), it always helps as we all understand what we are all going through.
    xx
  • thank you all for your replies. It is reassuring to know many others feel the way I did yesterday, the dissapointment hasn't gone obviously but i feel a bit more positive already.

I have certainly developed a new found sympathy for those of us who are trying ttc.

Thanks again, and fingers crossed we all get bfp's soon xxxx