Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

what is SMEP?

Morning ladies,

jus wondering what SMEP stands for? i've been away for a while and not sure what it does/means/ how it works
any feedback would be grand

thanks
hannah x

Replies

• Hi Hannah

Copied from an old post...

Sperm meets egg plan
    HERE'S THE PLAN

Deanna's Plan

Whether you are trying again after a miscarriage, or frustrated that you can't seem to get pregnant again after a successful pregnancy, this plan is for women who have gotten pregnant in the past, and therefore do not have significant infertility problems that need to be tested and treated. It is also a good plan to try for a first pregnancy if you want to do something serious to increase your chances before finally going in for a doctor visit about fertility.

Even if you have had an easy time getting pregnant in the past, pregnancy tends to change your hormonal makeup, so sometimes timing is not the same as it was before. This plan will ensure that sperm gets to your egg. Whether or not a viable pregnancy results (the odds are about 1 in 4 even if you time it right), is up to nature.

Be prepared for a month of serious loving!

The Plan

"Try" every other night starting Day 8
    Buy 10 ovulation predictor kit sticks
    Begin ovulation testing on Day 10
    When test is positive, "try" that night, plus two additional nights in a row
    Skip one night, then do one last "try"
    Take a home pregnancy test 15 days after your ovulation test was positive, if your period has not begun
    If your ovulation test never goes positive, continue "trying" every other night until Day 35, then do a pregnancy test if your period has not begun.
    Statistics coming in from the bulletin board show that about 40% of post-miscarriage women will get pregnant on the first try if they are faithful to the plan, about double the number of the normal population who are not on the plan. This assumes, of course, that you waited for a normal cycle to begin after your loss, and did not begin trying before having a period after a miscarriage. Many women do not ovulate in that first cycle.

Come join us in the Jan SMEP thread!

• Here's the link, it worked for me the first month I tried it, but the bean didn't stick. I'll be trying it again though!! Good luck xx

http://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm
  • I shall be doing this in January after the AF - Sorry no PMA this month. Far too much stress at work and alcohol so going full steam ahead for Jan! lol!
  • I will try this in Jan...my month 4 is an SMEP month!

Thanks!
  • Bumped so I can remember how to follow the plan xx