Forum home General Chat Products & best buys

LOOLA STRAPS - SAGA CONTINUES!!!!!

HI REMEMBER ME?!

I SENT MY LOOLA CONFORT BACK VIA MOTHERCARE AT THE REQUEST OF THE MANUACTURER DOREL FOR SOME REPLACEMENT STRAPS PUTTING ON.

MY PUSHCHAIR HAS BEEN AWAY SINCE 16/9. IT HAS BEEN RETURNED SAYING THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT - AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY TOLD ME THEMSELVES THAT IT IS A COMMON PROBLEM, SEND BACK AND WE WILL REPLACE WITH A WEBSTAR HARNESS. ALL OF THIS WAS WRITTEN ON THE PAPERWORK SENT TO THEM AND NOTHING!

MY GOD I AM FUMING.

TO TOP IT ALL OFF I SAID WHAT ABOUT A CREDIT NOTE THEN AND MOTHERCARE HAVE SAID THEY CANNOT DO THIS WITHOUT THE PERMISSION OF DOREL AND AS THEY SAID THE STRAP IS FINE I PROBABLY CAN'T DO ANYTHING.

??250 ON A PUSHCHAIR AND NO HELP WHEN OTHERS HAVE JUST PHONED UP AND BEEN SENT STRAPS IN THE POST!

HELP ANYONE DO YOU KNOW WHERE SPARE STRAPS CAN BE BOUGHT?

IVE EMAILED DOREL AND FIGHTING MY CASE. ALL I WANT IS MY PUSHCHAIR BACK AND USEABLE.

I KNOW WHEN I GET IT BACK NOW ILL BE SO FED UP ILL JUST SELL THE BL--DY THING, BUT AT ONE HELL OF A LOSS NO DOUBT.

SORRY LADIES HAD TO GET THAT OFF MY CHEST :lol:

LEILA X

Replies

• Hi!

dont know if you remember but i was having loads of probs with mine and i sent it back to dorel via mothercare. mine was really wobbly and it used to fold up by itself! I got it back and they said there was nothing wrong with it but they had tightened it up and it seems much better. But i had the same problem with the straps esp when the foot muff is on it. They didnt replace mine either. do you think i should email them again?

xx
  • Hiya,

Yeah I remember our chats. I would email Dorel again and insist something be done about it.

I can't see how they can say the straps are ok when they are clearly not.

My pushchair is still with Mothercare and they are going to try and ring Dorel again tomorrow. I have suggested if they are not prepared to replace the straps for the 'Webstar harness' that they originally said they would put on then how about asking if I can purchase a set of these.

Worth a try. I have left it with Mothercare but also emailed Dorel again. It's so annoying as other people you speak to have just been sent replacement straps in the post!

The lady at Dorel I spoke to said it was a common problem and they were awaiting a batch of the new straps. So where are they and why wouldnt they change them!

I'll probably end up using the pushchair for as long as the straps let me and then sell the damn thing. But they are not going for much second hand are they?!

Email them anyway and hopefully if they have our enquiries about straps at the same time it may get something done. Good luck and keep in touch.

Leila x
  • I might have misunderstood this but is the problem that the straps are too short? If so I think you might have a case under the sale of goods act. It clearly says on Mothercares website and here http://www.bebeconfort.com/collection-2008/UKonly/prom_sortir_1.htm on bebeconforts own site, that the seat is suitable up to approx age four. If the straps are too short then I think you might be able to claim that the pushchair is not fit for the purpose sold, in which case you should be entitled to a full refund, I would contact trading standards and see what they say. If I've got the wrong end of the stick I apologise, I remember reading your earlier post but I'm not sure I haven't mixed it up with something else!!
    Kerry xx
  • Hi,

Yeah this is what I am trying to argue but Mothercare have sent the pushchair away under the warranty and as far as Dorel are concerned the straps are fit for purpose! And it took them 5 weeks of having my pushchair to tell me that!!

I have emailed Dorel and Mothercare ae contacting them again today.

I wouldn't mind my my son is a big baby and although I'm not expecting the pushchair to last me 4 years (as no doubt I will just have a basic stroller then) I do expect it to last me at least 2/3 years.

I'll keep you all updated on my progress.

I've searched on the internet also to see if you can just buy seperates so I can get a spare strap that would fit but haven't had any luck.

Leila x
  • Hiya i have the same buggy and i alway thought they were a bit short, and worse when yo ahve the cosy toes on, its the side ones that are worst! but maybe mine isn't affected as i havent got a major problem with it (YET)!

Am having problems with my car seat!
  • Eventually I got an email from a nice lady at Dorel who said they were waiting for stock of harness extensions and she has sent one out to me free of charge it arrived just the other day.

I haven't tried it yet cos I'm just thinking of selling the damn thing and going back to a good old trustworthy Maclaren image

So anyone who has a problem give them a calland menion this. If you don't get anywhere let me know and I will send you a copy of my email they sent me.

Leila xxx
  • Lelia can you send me a copy of the e-mail please? Thanks Tammi xxxx
  • Hi,

yeah do you want to email me at leilaharris73@hotmail.co.uk with your email address and ill send to you.

ive finally decided im selling the damn thing :\)

Leila x
  • Hey!

Well, mines just been in for repair....AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A screw came out on the crossbar at the bottom, so it wobbled all over the place and wouldnt fold up! Really dangerous. I was soooooo mad. Anyway I got it back after a few days and they have put me longer straps on aswell.

I have bought a secound pushchair coz I dont trust my loola to last.

Hope you have got yours sorted.

xx
  • hi everyone
    i was just trying to look for a way to order the strap extension for my baby's push chair and after a bit of search i found this site ,it really made depressed to hear of all the problems with the loola ,i did not have a clue, my daughter is now 6 months and the straps are too tight already,what am i going to do now do i need to buy another push chair now , i paid so much for the one i have .
    please if anyone can help me with a tel no of where to order them or a web site i would be grateful.
    :x:cry::x:cry::x:cry::x:cry:
  • Hi tigerlyly,

I had the same problem and eventually solved the problem by contacting Dorel. If you would like a copy of the email I reeived from Dorel email me at leilaharris73@hotmail.co.uk I have had lots of people contact me. It's such a shame cos it's a lovely pushchair.

Leila x
  • hi leila
    i emailed you but have not heard from you please can you send me the information my email is zakarei1@homail.com
  • Hi sincere apologies I mut have missed that email because it's unlike me to not reply.

I have just tried to email you now but it will not go through can you please check your email address and re send. I tried zakarei1@hotmail.com ??

Thanks
    Leila
  • hi leila
    sorry i gave you the address with wrong spelling its zakarie1@hotmail.com
  • Hello everyone - I found you all exactly the same way as Tigerlyly as am having problems with my new loola up and the straps which seem ridiculously short - and my 5 month old baby girl is tiny! The footmuff is unusable at the moment and it's SO flipping cold... still! When will spring start? Such a shame as I love everything else about the pushchair. Leila, you seem to be being such a star about this.. could you email me the Dorel address / email you had from them etc so I can get on the case? Thanks so much. Bells58 email: eleanormoriarty@hotmail.com

[Modified by: bells58 on March 10, 2010 09:09 PM]

• please could you please send me the details through of how to contact dorel for longer straps for the loola. i'm having no luck from bebe confort.
    many thanks.
    kellybills@live.co.uk
  • Hi everyone!
    I have recently ordered the Loola Up for my baby, due in June. Then I read all your posts, arrgggh!!
    So I thought I'd email Dorel, to raise my concerns & see if the strap length issue has perhaps now been rectified on the 2010 model?
    I got a pretty dismissive reply back, stating that they've had no -ve feedback on the 2010 model, since it was relased in January... and that was pretty much IT?!
    So I've replied back, stating that I'm not surprised they've had no -ve feedback as yet, seeing as those orders are probably only just being fulfilled around about now & the prams won't have even been used yet!
    I've asked if they can aknowledge that the straps have indeed been an issue & can they provide me with a reassurance that it is no longer a problem. Otherwise, I may have to cancel my order & choose a different pram ;-(
    I REALLY don't want to have to go through all the hassle that NorthernLass has had!
    * Crossed fingers! *
    Anna x
    25+3
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have now received a reply from a member of Dorel's Technical Team, stating that they started to use the longer harness towards the end of last year & this is now fitted on the 2010 model (the same harness they have been sending out to customers)
    I hope that anyone reading this, who has purchased the 2010 Loola/Loola Up, may now have their minds put at rest - as in mineimage

[Modified by: 7banana7 on March 16, 2010 10:27 AM]

• Hi all I e mailed Dorel on fri after reading your posts, my loola hasn't been used yet as baby not due until Aug, but thought I would rather have the straps ready and waiting if its going to be an issue, I received an e mail back yesterday asking for my address stating they would get the new harness straight out to me! Xxx
  • I had the Loola Up pushchair and read on a website that if you contacted Dorel direct they would send out a replacement harness with longer straps, I did this and the straps arrived the next day, we replaced them (was very easy) and had no problem then. I have now sold this pushchair though as my LO grew out of the seat unit!
  • hi please could you put on here Dorels email address. many thanks.